Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Driving with your firearm to your summer house in PA

For someone who does not have a carry license, how does this work, both rifles and handguns? What I know is that to drive with your firearm in the car you are allowed to be going to only a handful of places.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Driving with your firearm to your summer house in PA

A summer house would either be considered a move to another abode or a vacation/recreational home.

It would be exempted under PA law, Title 18, Chapter 61, Subchapter 6106(b)(8). "Firearms" would have to be in a secure wrapper.

Even though definition 6106(e)(1) calls any gun a "firearm" and refers back to 6106(b)(8), there is no law requiring a gun that isn't a 6102 defined "firearm" to be in a secure wrapper, or require a LTCF for that matter(outside of Philly or absent a state of emergency).

So, "firearms"(handguns, SBS, SBR) would have to be in a "secure wrapper"(case, box, zipped/snapped/buckled bag, etc). Long guns would just have to be unloaded.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Not a direct answer to your question...but if you are a PA resident and eligible, GET A LTCF. It makes your life way easier and gives you a ton of extra legal protection in transporting your legal firearms/long guns/guns of all kinds anywhere you want in the state

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by firebird.77 View Post
    Not a direct answer to your question...but if you are a PA resident and eligible, GET A LTCF. It makes your life way easier and gives you a ton of extra legal protection in transporting your legal firearms/long guns/guns of all kinds anywhere you want in the state
    I have been pondering that for a while. Nothing against carrying but I just don't think I will do that. What remains is that my name may get on all sorts of government lists, TSA etc. Not sure if that matters really.

Do you have an email address, a phone number, credit cards, a job? Do you pay taxes? Most importantly, have you bought guns from a dealer and filled out forms? If any of the above are true, you are already on so called "lists." The context of those may vary, but you seem to be missing the point by getting fixated on volunteering info by applying for an LTCF.

It's only 20 bucks and it saves a LOT of trouble. You don't have to carry all the time.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    I have been pondering that for a while. Nothing against carrying but I just don't think I will do that. What remains is that my name may get on all sorts of government lists, TSA etc. Not sure if that matters really.
    The government already knows about you.. Seriously, unless you've lived under a rock all your life the gov knows where you live, what utilities you have, how much you have in the bank, and if you have bought a gun from a FFL since the mid to late 1990's.

Millions of gun owners have no problems flying, nor crossing international borders.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by G17-5291 View Post
    Do you have an email address, a phone number, credit cards, a job? Do you pay taxes? Most importantly, have you bought guns from a dealer and filled out forms? If any of the above are true, you are already on so called "lists." The context of those may vary, but you seem to be missing the point by getting fixated on volunteering info by applying for an LTCF.

It's only 20 bucks and it saves a LOT of trouble. You don't have to carry all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    The government already knows about you.. Seriously, unless you've lived under a rock all your life the gov knows where you live, what utilities you have, how much you have in the bank, and if you have bought a gun from a FFL since the mid to late 1990's.

Millions of gun owners have no problems flying, nor crossing international borders.
    It's funny, OP probably got his paranoia from frequenting boards like this, lol. Now, here we are telling him not to worry about it.

Anyway, previous responses are right on. Get your license and make your life easier.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by iamtommyboy View Post
    It's funny, OP probably got his paranoia from frequenting boards like this, lol. Now, here we are telling him not to worry about it.
    OP Probably got on the government lists from frequenting boards like this!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    OP Probably got on the government lists from frequenting boards like this!
    Stop playing coy, check your list and tell us already.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Even if you never plan to carry for self defense, there are enough quirks in PA's laws to make it worth the "bother" (IMO). Something as simple as stopping for a cup of coffee during your journey makes you a law-breaker if you don't have a LTCF, and a conviction for that heinous act would strip you of your rights for life.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast