Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Elk County)

Default Places to shoot?

Anybody on here in the St. Marys area that can guide me to a place to shoot besides the sportsmans clubs? The last couple weekends it was nice I tried to go there and the ranges are closed. Getting tired of paying membership fees and never getting to use the range. I don't shoot archery or trap and those are the only ranges ever open. So if there's any place where I can shoot legally and far enough away from town please let me know. Thanks in advance.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Places to shoot?

Ummm, the entire Allegheny Nat'l Forest? Ill assume u know the area fairly well? If so u can hit up the end of the road where my cabin is, Bear Creek rd. Just head out the west end of Ridgway like u were headed toward Halton. U will pass the ski lodge and once u pass the sign that begins Spring Creek Twp. Bear Creek is the next rd on the right. Follow it all the way out and there are copious places to waste ammo. Be forewarned though, once u pass my cabin the road takes a massive shit and u will need a decent truck w/ 4wd to get out there. If not then the only other option is to head out toward the Owl's Nest and just take one of the endless roads there from the gas companies and find a good spot...

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by 03SVTCobra View Post
    Ummm, the entire Allegheny Nat'l Forest? Ill assume u know the area fairly well? If so u can hit up the end of the road where my cabin is, Bear Creek rd. Just head out the west end of Ridgway like u were headed toward Halton. U will pass the ski lodge and once u pass the sign that begins Spring Creek Twp. Bear Creek is the next rd on the right. Follow it all the way out and there are copious places to waste ammo. Be forewarned though, once u pass my cabin the road takes a massive shit and u will need a decent truck w/ 4wd to get out there. If not then the only other option is to head out toward the Owl's Nest and just take one of the endless roads there from the gas companies and find a good spot...
    Wow! I feel like a complete idiot, for some reason I never even thought about the ANF. Yes, I am somewhat familiar with Ridgway and know where Bear Creek Rd is. Thank you for the input, it's greatly appreciated!

(Bucks County)

Have you tried Ridgway Rifle Club up on Grant Rd? They have everything including a 1000yd range. Should be open to the public iirc

www.ridgwayrifleclub.com

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

There is a public range on the state gamelands by the back entrance to treasure lake near Dubois. I was there last year. It was small, but nice. It even has a canopy over the benches. For me it would be worth the $30 if I used it only a few times per year.
    ...and they have a plan...