Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Back door attempt at gun control

In an back door attempt at gun control Eric Holder has suggested “Lets track gun owners with smart gun bracelets”.

Naturally, he's doing it under the guise of "gun safety" and "common sense reforms."

The Attorney General has stated that gun tracking bracelets are something the Justice Department (DOJ) wants to “explore” as part of its gun control efforts.

When discussing gun violence prevention programs within the DOJ, Holder told a House appropriations subcommittee that his agency is looking into technological innovations.

The Justice Department has requested $382.1 million in increased spending for its fiscal year 2014 budget for “gun safety.” Included in the proposal is $2 million for “Gun Safety Technology” grants, which would award prizes for technologies that are “proven to be reliable and effective.” Of course this exploration with be at the cost of tax payers, of which many are gun owners.

Funny how Holder is concerned about tracking the guns of Americans, yet failed to track 2500 AK-47s and .50 caliber rifles that the Department of Justice sent to violent Mexican drug cartels between 2009 and 2010 and is still in contempt of Congress for his stonewalling and failure to cooperate with the Oversight Committee Investigation into Operation Fast and Furious.

I think the appropriation committee needs some insight from outside the belt way on this matter.

When are people in this country going to wise up and realize that it is not just about the second amendment but also the first and the fourth and that is what should be consider went you go to the voting booth.

lakota

I make no apology for my temperament

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Back door attempt at gun control

(Chester County)

In regard to the above post saying it is being discussed else where. No it's not. I have followed that thread all day and the big discussion over there is Palin and her bracelets.

This tread is in regards to Holder in front of House appropriations subcommittee asking for an increase in the DOJ's budget to "explore' the possibly of using bracelets.

To be honest I think that Palin going on about her bracelets side tracked what was really important which was Holder at that committee meeting.
    Last edited by lakota; April 11th, 2014 at 06:08 PM.

(Lawrence County)

Hey, did you see Sarah Palin said about the bracelets?

"Eric, you can replace my identifying bracelets with your government marker when you pry them off my cold, dead wrists," Palin then added.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Hey, did you see Sarah Palin said about the bracelets?

"Eric, you can replace my identifying bracelets with your government marker when you pry them off my cold, dead wrists," Palin then added.
    Not what this Thread is About. If you want to talk about Sarah go to the other thread.

Thank You

(Chester County)

My apology to pocketprotector for posting this thread over his.
    Last edited by lakota; April 11th, 2014 at 07:40 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by lakota View Post
    In an back door attempt at gun control Eric Holder has suggested “Lets track gun owners with smart gun bracelets”.

Naturally, he's doing it under the guise of "gun safety" and "common sense reforms."

The Attorney General has stated that gun tracking bracelets are something the Justice Department (DOJ) wants to “explore” as part of its gun control efforts.

When discussing gun violence prevention programs within the DOJ, Holder told a House appropriations subcommittee that his agency is looking into technological innovations.

The Justice Department has requested $382.1 million in increased spending for its fiscal year 2014 budget for “gun safety.” Included in the proposal is $2 million for “Gun Safety Technology” grants, which would award prizes for technologies that are “proven to be reliable and effective.” Of course this exploration with be at the cost of tax payers, of which many are gun owners.

Funny how Holder is concerned about tracking the guns of Americans, yet failed to track 2500 AK-47s and .50 caliber rifles that the Department of Justice sent to violent Mexican drug cartels between 2009 and 2010 and is still in contempt of Congress for his stonewalling and failure to cooperate with the Oversight Committee Investigation into Operation Fast and Furious.

I think the appropriation committee needs some insight from outside the belt way on this matter.

When are people in this country going to wise up and realize that it is not just about the second amendment but also the first and the fourth and that is what should be consider went you go to the voting booth.

lakota

I make no apology for my temperament
    Do you always quote with attribution?
    http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...elets-n1820124

(Bucks County)

Holders all about the back door
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain