Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default School Security Officer should have been armed.... W. PA school stabbings

....Then Piers Morgan came on and I almost got a concussion from facepalming so hard.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: School Security Officer should have been armed.... W. PA school stabbings

So how does a high school full of teenage boys let one 16-year-old stab over 20 people?

Guarantee you there's no FFA chapter in that high school!

Default Re: School Security Officer should have been armed.... W. PA school stabbings

I think it's time to call for "common sense" knife safety measures. Why does anyone need a metal "assault knife?" Plastic knives work fine for a lot of things, and anyone should be permitted to own and use plastic knives after a background check. I'm not talking about taking away your plastic knives. But metal knives? They belong on a battlefield. Ban assault knives...it's for the children.

Seriously, this a sad story, and I feel horrible for the victims. But it makes me angry too. Until people wake up to the fact that the only thing that stops a criminal is mass and velocity, and until "gun free zones" are a thing of the past, I fear that we'll see this more and more. Two mass rampages in gun free zones in less than a week...Fort Hood and now in our own backyard. Had the school resource officer been armed, or dare I say, a teacher armed in Western PA today, it's likely we would be looking at a smaller number of victims...or maybe the incident would have been deterred altogether.

I don't know how many times gun free zones have to play a role in mass attacks...over and over again, and it's disgusting.

(Tioga County)

MikeP

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by MEK1911 View Post
    So how does a high school full of teenage boys let one 16-year-old stab over 20 people?

Guarantee you there's no FFA chapter in that high school!
    I'd say the "Don't fight back, ever, or else get the same punishment as the confronter" policy doesn't help anything. Taught to always back down and retreat, not stand their ground or stick up for themselves, let alone others.

Word is the Vice Principal ended up tacking the kid and someone took the knives off of him, one girl knew enough to apply pressure to another student's wound, while another student pulled the fire alarm to help evacuate students and faculty in other parts of the building. Great job to those and the others that stepped up for the protection of others.

(Bucks County)

I can almost guarantee that the msm will twist this into "had this been a gun it would have been much worse" thing. They'll use this as "we got lucky and need to enact stricter gun laws before this happens with a gun. Then WHEN a shooting happens they'll say" we told you so ". These fools will twist a heart breaking attack into another agenda.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Allegheny County)

I want to know how this child got ahold of these knives. Why did his parents not keep them secured at home when not being used for kitchen duties? I want to see the parents charged with providing these dangerous weapons to a child and/or making them available for him to access without their supervision.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I want to know how this child got ahold of these knives. Why did his parents not keep them secured at home when not being used for kitchen duties? I want to see the parents charged with providing these dangerous weapons to a child and/or making them available for him to access without their supervision.
    If this is ment to be scarcasim you should realy use the proper smily ()

(Cumberland County)

I don't think it would have made much of a difference concerning this situation. The vice principle did tackle the kid which ended the attack at least so no lethal force was necessary.

I think it should be a choice given to our educators whether they would like to be trained in carrying one and dealing with these kinds of attacks, but there are times even facing an armed attacker where you don't need to shoot them to solve the problem.

For some reason I think many people fail to understand this concept and instead we get trollish circle jerks sharing our silly jokes about we perceive liberals to act like.

(Luzerne County)

Who said the SRO wasn't armed? No, I didn't watch the video.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast