Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is it time yet? Rancher: armed feds are surrounding my farm

Quote Originally Posted by libra8 View Post
    The more I learn, the more I side with Cliven Bundy. It's not about cows it's about rights.
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In the Land of the Blind,the One Eyed Man is King

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I think it's more like someone that is letting a dog run on your property. Warned/warned/warned/warned...Bang.

I saw video of them rounding them up. I wonder if they're killing the stragglers rather than expending the effort to round them up.

If the feds lose in court (not likely) I'm sure they'll happily write him a check of our money for damages.

I still can't back him even if I think this show of force is ridiculous. He decided to quit paying for grazing rights. The feds have been patient/unconcerned. How long should it be allowed to continue. I think the impetus was the tree-huggers concerned about the tortoises. They have friends in this administration.
    What about the [1st amendment area] and the roughing up of the citizens?

(Beaver County)

I think it's more like someone that is letting a dog run on your property. Warned/warned/warned/warned...Bang.

I saw video of them rounding them up. I wonder if they're killing the stragglers rather than expending the effort to round them up.

If the feds lose in court (not likely) I'm sure they'll happily write him a check of our money for damages.

I still can't back him even if I think this show of force is ridiculous. He decided to quit paying for grazing rights. The feds have been patient/unconcerned. How long should it be allowed to continue. I think the impetus was the tree-huggers concerned about the tortoises. They have friends in this administration.
    ^^^ In red above.

But wasn't that based on the fact that it was his land that they seized in the first place ?????????

If that's the case,(not saying it is,too many unknowns to take sides yet).

Then the feds are in the wrong. YMMV
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzan View Post
    What about the [1st amendment area] and the roughing up of the citizens?
    My problem isn't them coming it to take his cattle. He brought that on himself by not paying for grazing rights. Not much different than an oil driller with a lease on federal land that decides he's going to be a squatter.

Then, the cattle owner basically told BLM there would be blood. I don't expect them to respond in an easygoing, officer friendly way at that point. Threats to life should be taken seriously.

My problem is the restrictions on access, movement, recording. You bring in the personnel necessary to ensure safety and go about your business of impounding the livestock. You keep the roads open, you let your activity be filmed and you do your job without drama.

Now, there's hot heads on both sides as evidenced by the video. It's more likely bad shit will happen by trying to so completely control the area. Tension is increasing and something stupid is going to happen.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
    ^^^ In red above.

But wasn't that based on the fact that it was his land that they seized in the first place ?????????

If that's the case,(not saying it is,too many unknowns to take sides yet).

Then the feds are in the wrong. YMMV
    No, the land was never his property. He has allowed his cattle to graze public land which is apparently lawful given the rancher pays grazing fees and complies with the restrictions.

His argument is that his Mormon ancestors controlled all of that land long before the BLM ever existed. I got a chuckle when a Native American wrote that his people controlled that land long before the Mormons and by Bundy's reasoning, he and his family are trespassing on Native American lands and they should get the fuck off of the lands.

I'm not a big fan of the feds but I do like that we have national parks. I also like that sometimes they're good stewards of the land. I think there are too many tree-huggers running the show. Just look up the water problems Tombstone had and the feds restrictions on replacing their damaged pipes. At the same time, not protecting public land would lead to people using the Grand Canyon as a landfill.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Well, that tears it for me. If there are Mormon ancestors in the wood pile....
    Where's that meme when I need it?

...I'm not saying he's a sack o nuts; but he's a sack o nuts.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    You guys that are saying this is just about the alleged money owed by the rancher, I want you to think about something. Why are they destroying the cattle? That's his property, regardless of where they seized them from. The Feds destroying the cattle would be akin to the ATF seizing your firearms and immediately destroying them before your eyes before you have your day in court.

So, why are they destroying the cattle, if it isn't an effort to destroy the man?
    It is clearly to save the turtles and desert from being eroded by the cattle.

Could it be that he wasn't buying any or enough chemicals and other agriculture products from Monsanto?

(Juniata County)

No, the land was never his property. He has allowed his cattle to graze public land which is apparently lawful given the rancher pays grazing fees and complies with the restrictions.

His argument is that his Mormon ancestors controlled all of that land long before the BLM ever existed. I got a chuckle when a Native American wrote that his people controlled that land long before the Mormons and by Bundy's reasoning, he and his family are trespassing on Native American lands and they should get the fuck off of the lands.

I'm not a big fan of the feds but I do like that we have national parks. I also like that sometimes they're good stewards of the land. I think there are too many tree-huggers running the show. Just look up the water problems Tombstone had and the feds restrictions on replacing their damaged pipes. At the same time, not protecting public land would lead to people using the Grand Canyon as a landfill.
    I do not believe the Indians had any legitment claim. They lost it I war with Spain; Spain &/or Mexico lost it in War with the US.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I do not believe the Indians had any legitment claim. They lost it I war with Spain; Spain &/or Mexico lost it in War with the US.
    And we lost our nation in the war on terror.

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post

And now Cliven Bundy will lose it in a war with Washington
    Sic semper tyrannis

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast