Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Renewing a Carry Permit?

How does renewing a carry permit work? Does the Sheriff's office contact you? Do you go in on your own? Do you have to provide references and fingerprints link when you originally applied or is it a simplier process like renewing a driver's license vs getting a new one.

Default Re: Renewing a Carry Permit?

When I renewed I had to go to the Sherrifs dept. fill out the application again, get a new pic taken and pay the $18 (or what ever the fee was). It came in the mail 3 or 5 days later.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but, because of the people who do nothing about them."
    - Albert Einstein

(Delaware County)

Your lucky... In delaware county it is every bit of 45 days

(Tioga County)

Here in Tioga. I wlked in, filled out the form, paid my money, got my picture taken and walked out with my new plastic permit. It took less than ten minutes for my renewal.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    How does renewing a carry permit work? Does the Sheriff's office contact you? Do you go in on your own? Do you have to provide references and fingerprints link when you originally applied or is it a simplier process like renewing a driver's license vs getting a new one.

I'm in Lehigh too so this's may be same case.

I received a letter from Lehigh County Sheriff office little over a month before my LTCF expires to remind me do the renewal two week later after I got mine done, so I think if yours is expires soon, you will recieve a reminder notice from Sheriff Office soon.

The renewal process is just like new application, but if I remember correctly on the SS# coluum, it's now as an option (I filled mine out anyway), there's no finger print needed and yes, you'll need to fill out two references, when it's all filled out, I gave it to the County Clerk and told her that this's a renewal, she then put a checked mark on the renewal box, $38 and took a picture then go home and wait, mine renewal licence arrived 30days later.

BTW, on my new LTCF, the SS# coluum on the licence is blank and the licence number is different from my previous one.

(York County)

The York County Sheriff will send out a renewal letter about 3 months before your license expires. I cannot recall if the questionnaire was enclosed.
    Anyway, last time I renewed, York County had gone to a photo ID but no fingerprint requirement.

A $21 money order and I was out the door with my license in my wallet.

(Erie County)

I just renewed mine in Erie County. It's the same form as a new permit except there's a little block you check if it's a renewal. New picture, new price...last one was $20.00, this one was $26.00 (I'm not complaining). Took about a week to get here.

(Montgomery County)

I got a postcard in the mail asking me to present to the Sheriff's office with two references and some bucks, bring photos for old style card, pay extra and get new digital photo card.
    Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception. -G. Edward Griffin, The Creature from Jekyll Island

(Delaware County)

$46 for Delaware County now. I wonder why the differences in prices?

(Lebanon County)

here in Lebanon county, the Sheriff mailed me a letter, with applicatino enclosed, saying 'don't forget to renew'. Filled out the form, went to the office, paid my money and less than a week later, it was in my hands. I understand cost may have gone up, but I don't expect my next renewal to be different. As others have stated, it's the same for as the initial, but has a checkbox for renewal. Unlike my initial application, I didn't have to provide a photo, they took it there this time (she even took it three times as I kept blinking), I was also asked if the picture was OK. All in all one of the better experiences with any government employee I've ever had. While having my picture taken, I also got to do a little chit chatting with the sheriff himself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast