Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: PICS Denied

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PICS Denied

People who truly need help are not going to seek it in fear of being persecuted long after their issue is resolved

^^^^ they won't care.

As for psychiatry...the latest whacko had a diagnosis a week before indicating no tendencies to suicide or assaults. These professionals better check themselves up re the forecasting....and just stick to helping those who need to relate to a trusted sounding board.
    Last edited by Bang; December 18th, 2014 at 05:35 PM.

Looks like you stepped in sh*t and came out with a gold watch.

Minus the lawyer fees.

Nobody at you job is the wiser.

Now you will really appreciate your "rights".

For the record I believe that "mental health commitments" are NOT voluntary, they are involuntary.

I presume you went before a judge in the facility you were being treated at (or before) and were ordered to stay and get treatment.

If you were voluntary, you would have also gone before the judge and declared as such. The only difference if that being committed goes on your record as you have found out.

Also, another comment... I am pretty sure that in the event of a criminal expungement (as mentioned by another user in this thread) it is now off the record for all legal purposes. I have heard, however, that it remains on some LEO databases. (High security clearances come to mind) If not, anybody could get one expungement after another and the LEO would be none the wiser. In the grand scheme of things it won't bite you in the rear. In NJ, you can even state under oath that you were never arrested or charged because the charges are all but totally vaporized (after a proper expungement).

(Northampton County)

There wasn't a judge, there wasn't a mental health commitment. It was for substance abuse that was provided at a facility that also is a mental health facility. Again, I am not sure of this (hence the question), had I gone to a facility that ONLY had substance abuse treatment, would the outcome be the same. In other words,.... are substance abuse centers required to report to the state, AND if so, is it labeled "mental health commit"?

No one has been able to answer that as of yet, and I really don't think it will get answered here.

Quote Originally Posted by joezook View Post
    There wasn't a judge, there wasn't a mental health commitment. It was for substance abuse that was provided at a facility that also is a mental health facility. Again, I am not sure of this (hence the question), had I gone to a facility that ONLY had substance abuse treatment, would the outcome be the same. In other words,.... are substance abuse centers required to report to the state, AND if so, is it labeled "mental health commit"?

No one has been able to answer that as of yet, and I really don't think it will get answered here.
    I think you did get it answered here. Look at my post. That guy wasn't committed either. He went to counseling when his parents were splitting up. Never showed up into any database til 2013.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345