Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lionheart

(Cumberland County)

Default Lionheart

I know there has been a couple conversations on this gun, but haven't heard many who own one? I think this model is pretty sharp - $599 doesn't seem bad. Anyone have any experience or knowledge?

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: Lionheart

It's an "updated" daewoo dp-51, not worth $600

I've had a dp-51 for years and wouldn't consider it much better than mediocre. Well made and reliable but accuracy isn't up to my standards. As a sub $300 curiosity they are fine but nothing more than that

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/daweoomode...condition.aspx

edited to add that if you're ever in amishland I would cheerfully sell ya mine.
    Last edited by raxar; April 5th, 2014 at 07:05 PM.

(Northampton County)

Take old $300 gun. Add grips, tritium, and cerakote. Call it new hot gun. Charge too much.

Daewoo makes solid guns but I wouldn't pay a penny over $400 for the new ones. (LH9)

Yes, the Daewoo DP-51 is a much better value.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    It's an "updated" daewoo dp-51, not worth $600

I've had a dp-51 for years and wouldn't consider it much better than mediocre. Well made and reliable but accuracy isn't up to my standards. As a sub $300 curiosity they are fine but nothing more than that

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/daweoomode...condition.aspx

edited to add that if you're ever in amishland I would cheerfully sell ya mine.
    $200 - maybe - lol
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Philadelphia County)

Very nice pistol. Picked it up the LH-9N a few days ago from Tanner's. Finish is evenly and well applied. Matte bluing is attractive as are the "wavy" serrations on the top of the slide to cut down glare, the same kind of serrations that you'll see on old sporting shotguns like the Remmy Model 11. Magazines are niclely blued with an extended floorplate for the 15 rounders, and a flush floorplate for the 13 rounders. The plastic grips look nice and feel alright, but they would be better if made from rubber. Grip is well angled and feels good in the hand. The sights are nice, wide and provide a clear sight picture. The variant I have has Novak sights installed, and an accesory rail. Safety disconnects the trigger and is kind of small, but prevents from snagging. Gun is about the size of average compact pistols these days.

The double action+ trigger is a neat feature, and reminds me of my m39 Mosin two stage trigger. You can carry the gun with the hammer down due to the firing pin safety also seen on Glocks and Series 80 M1911s, you can carry cocked and locked, or you can load a round and push the hammer forward. Now you have a two stage trigger with a light pull to re-cock the hammer. Contrary to what gun shop commandos will tell you, you can thumb back the hammer on this gun while in DA+ mode.

Slide is hammer forged, and the barrel is 4150 chromoly steel. Racking the slide is as smooth as a SIG-Sauer. Quality is the same as well, but with an MSRP that's at least $300 less than a SIG.

It's a good pistol and worth the money. Some of the gunshop commandos who worship their Glocks, M&Ps, and SIGs will tell you it's a waste of money, but it's a fine weapon with 20+ years of service to a country that is still technically at war. It's something vastly different from the polymer bricks that populate most gun cases and is a welcome change for me.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    $200 - maybe - lol
    I am about 30 min away from sarco if you want me to head over and check them out. I'm sure those guys will give me a deal on two, in cash, easy transaction. I could bring it to cabelas, save you an hour drive and you get to cabelas.

See, can't beat that logic. Lol.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    I am about 30 min away from sarco if you want me to head over and check them out. I'm sure those guys will give me a deal on two, in cash, easy transaction. I could bring it to cabelas, save you an hour drive and you get to cabelas.

See, can't beat that logic. Lol.
    I like your logic Let me know what they will do. I think it's a nice looking gun and hearing from someone that owns one is the best feedback you can get Keep me posted - tx!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    Very nice pistol. Picked it up the LH-9N a few days ago from Tanner's. Finish is evenly and well applied. Matte bluing is attractive as are the "wavy" serrations on the top of the slide to cut down glare, the same kind of serrations that you'll see on old sporting shotguns like the Remmy Model 11. Magazines are niclely blued with an extended floorplate for the 15 rounders, and a flush floorplate for the 13 rounders. The plastic grips look nice and feel alright, but they would be better if made from rubber. Grip is well angled and feels good in the hand. The sights are nice, wide and provide a clear sight picture. The variant I have has Novak sights installed, and an accesory rail. Safety disconnects the trigger and is kind of small, but prevents from snagging. Gun is about the size of average compact pistols these days.

The double action+ trigger is a neat feature, and reminds me of my m39 Mosin two stage trigger. You can carry the gun with the hammer down due to the firing pin safety also seen on Glocks and Series 80 M1911s, you can carry cocked and locked, or you can load a round and push the hammer forward. Now you have a two stage trigger with a light pull to re-cock the hammer. Contrary to what gun shop commandos will tell you, you can thumb back the hammer on this gun while in DA+ mode.

Slide is hammer forged, and the barrel is 4150 chromoly steel. Racking the slide is as smooth as a SIG-Sauer. Quality is the same as well, but with an MSRP that's at least $300 less than a SIG.

It's a good pistol and worth the money. Some of the gunshop commandos who worship their Glocks, M&Ps, and SIGs will tell you it's a waste of money, but it's a fine weapon with 20+ years of service to a country that is still technically at war. It's something vastly different from the polymer bricks that populate most gun cases and is a welcome change for me.
    Thanks - always great to hear from someone that owns one. It just really caught my eye as a well made, good looking gun! Enjoy.........
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

Think I'd actually prefer the compact model in patriot brown

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast