Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Newbie observations

Hello all,

As a newbie here I have been reading thru the posts the last few days. After reading I feel compelled to voice my opinion.....
    To carry a firearm is a great responsibility. I've read where poeple have complained about being asked to leave a movie house,Bar,etc. If you are carrying properly.... No one would know and there for no one would be asked to leave. In our great nation you have the right to carry, However exercising your rights does not mean you can infringe on the rights of others. For example: You have the right to listen to your music as loud as you want to, But your niehbor doesn't have to listen to it also. That is his right.

Just because something is written into law doesn't mean it's a good idea to argue it with LEO's. We are to be peaceful citizens. I'm not saying LEO's don't make mistakes... we all do. But I have never seen someone argue about his/her rights come out well. You may win the battle but will loose the war. Remember, The anti gunners are always looking for crap to bolster thier agenda.

Firing on someone trying to flee an accident or retreat from you is real bad... you will go to jail.

Finally, open carry to go to wawa is a bad idea.... Anti gunners are scared. They see a gun in plain sight and all kinds of bad things flash thru thier minds. Just because your car will do 140 mph doesn't mean it's a good idea.
    the less joe public knows the happier they are.

Now, I know these comments will draw alot of flak, but before you tell me how dumb I am stop and think about it. JMHO, Thank you.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Newbie observations

Quote Originally Posted by 6Shooter43 View Post
    Hello all,

As a newbie here I have been reading thru the posts the last few days. After reading I feel compelled to voice my opinion.....
    To carry a firearm is a great responsibility. I've read where poeple have complained about being asked to leave a movie house,Bar,etc. If you are carrying properly.... No one would know and there for no one would be asked to leave. In our great nation you have the right to carry, However exercising your rights does not mean you can infringe on the rights of others. For example: You have the right to listen to your music as loud as you want to, But your niehbor doesn't have to listen to it also. That is his right.

Just because something is written into law doesn't mean it's a good idea to argue it with LEO's. We are to be peaceful citizens. I'm not saying LEO's don't make mistakes... we all do. But I have never seen someone argue about his/her rights come out well. You may win the battle but will loose the war. Remember, The anti gunners are always looking for crap to bolster thier agenda.

Firing on someone trying to flee an accident or retreat from you is real bad... you will go to jail.

Finally, open carry to go to wawa is a bad idea.... Anti gunners are scared. They see a gun in plain sight and all kinds of bad things flash thru thier minds. Just because your car will do 140 mph doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Now, I know these comments will draw alot of flak, but before you tell me how dumb I am stop and think about it. JMHO, Thank you.
    Welcome to the forum. I hope you have an open mind. Many of the conclusions drawn by the general membership are very well thought out. I hope you are open to constructive criticism, and don't just write it off as flak.

(Chester County)

Hello all,

It sounds more like you are looking for others thought's than pushing your opinion around. You will have a long life here if that's true.
    To all those reading this...Enjoy your day

(Chester County)

Hello all,

I don't quite get your analogy to driving a car at 140 miles an hour, which is reckless, and open carry which is not? Just because someone is afraid of guns doesn't deny my right to carry where I am lawfully allowed to. Your argument is weak, and is just caving in to the antigun crowd. Fuck 'em. I don't care if they are uncomfortable around me when I choose to open carry.

(Allegheny County)

Just because something is written into law doesn't mean it's a good idea to argue it with LEO's. We are to be peaceful citizens.
    Welcome to the forum.

You are right but in my opinion also wrong. We are the peaceful citizens but that doesn't make us Sheeple. There is a time for us to stand up and say no, if not you might as well turn over your weapons, give Uncle Sam all your earnings and embrace not having any Freedoms.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4070BN View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

You are right but in my opinion also wrong. We are the peaceful citizens but that doesn't make us Sheeple. There is a time for us to stand up and say no, if not you might as well turn over your weapons, give Uncle Sam all your earnings and embrace not having any Freedoms.
    Yep. It just so happens that I am a peacful citizen... I do not have 'to be' a peaceful citizen.

(Mercer County)

Welcome to the forum. I am not ashamed that I exercise my right to protect myself and those I love. The flaw in your logic is this: those people who you seek to appease by not open carrying, don't want you to be able to carry concealed either. They do not like the fact that you are carrying a gun, regardless of how you carry it. Most of them cannot be reasoned with, and more importantly, don't want to be reasoned with. Consequently, their opinion is completely and totally irrelevant to me.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Beaver County)

However exercising your rights does not mean you can infringe on the rights of others. For example: You have the right to listen to your music as loud as you want to, But your niehbor doesn't have to listen to it also. That is his right.

in your example here, you're talking about one private domain infringing on another. If I happen to be out at Wawa while I'm OCing, my right to possess and carry my firearm within the color of the law and my rights trumps the comfort of another person. There is no right to be comfortable, especially in public.

Just because something is written into law doesn't mean it's a good idea to argue it with LEO's. We are to be peaceful citizens. I'm not saying LEO's don't make mistakes... we all do. But I have never seen someone argue about his/her rights come out well.

There are many good cops out there, but there are also jackboot thugs that I refuse to be a sheeple for. And if you want to see an example of a person arguing his rights and it coming out in his favor, check out Viper's OC log. A lot of good info in there. He has done a lot to advance our cause.

Finally, open carry to go to wawa is a bad idea.... Anti gunners are scared. They see a gun in plain sight and all kinds of bad things flash thru thier minds.

See above
    Comments above in red. Welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by flyingjunkie; April 5th, 2014 at 08:47 PM.
    Obligatory IANAL!

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    (By the power of truth, I while living have conquered the universe)

(Chester County)

Once you have a firm grasp on what the word "right" means, please come back and try again.

(Lancaster County)

Everyone has been a lot kinder than I thought to be after reading this first post.
    I've thought of all the opinions that were expressed prior to being asked to do so. I question if the OP has given much thought to opposing viewpoints to his opinion or dismissed them. I expect nothing from anyone regarding my comfort when out in public and nothing I do should cause anxiety for a mentally healthy person. I'm not ashamed of who I am or what I believe and won't hide away or cover up. I asked in another thread if anyone has been on record of some sort of crying out, running away, hiding or some other form of showing fear of an open carrier. Even MWAG calls are somewhat more of a fact checking exercise than a fearful response. I've had a few unpleasant looks but mostly big goofy grins. The fear,discomfort and alarm are greatly exxagerated and backed up by nothing.
    Also I'm in a bad mood and tired of compromise and neutrality. Regardless the issue there needs to be a stand. A belief in something

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast