Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Crawford County)

Default Pennsylvania Sheriffs' Association

Good Morning Guys & Gals:

I am brand new to the forums; and just retired and moved to PA a few months ago. I need some information, if someone is willing to share. I just received a letter from my sheriff (Crawford Co) asking me to support the Pennsylvania Sheriffs Association. Can anyone give me the position the PSA and my sheriff in particular has/is taking regarding gun control and concealed carry? I have noticed that PSA seems to be missing from the list of state sheriffs associations that have provided statements of support for 2nd Amendment to the CSPOA. Before I give them my support I would like to know where they stand on this issue.

Many Thanks - PA transplant

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania Sheriffs' Association

I gave a contribution one time years ago. After that, they never stopped bugging me via phone calls. I finally had to get pretty rude to the guy to get them to stop.
    Giving money to people who already get money from my taxes, rubs me the wrong way whether there pro 2nd amendment not.

IMO, give your money to something like "Wounded Warrior" or "Shiners" hospital. Hell, I even give money to the Humane Society. {not SPCA}

BTW, welcome to PAFOA.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Crawford County)

Thanks for the comments. I have a long list of organizations that I support including Wounded Warrior. I generally support the local law enforcement and volunteer fire departments if they are the ones doing the soliciting. But I refuse to give to a paid solicitor over the phone since they take/get 95%+ of the money you give.

As a newbie to the area I guess I am still trying to figure out who the good guys are. Once the weather breaks I will wander out to the local sportsman's club, which I joined over the winter, and see what I can find out about local politics before the primaries.

(Philadelphia County)

Just my own opinion: if you're in the giving mood volunteer fire depts, the Civil Air Patrol and Coast Guard Aux are always great places to donate. The always need (beg for) some new piece of equipment that will be used to save someone else's life...who knows, maybe yours!

(Lebanon County)

I too had the same experience. I gave a donation one time and had to get rude when the person got a little rude with me the next time they called. Are the police the ones making the calls? It sure sounded like it was to me. I do remember the guy saying well thanks for not helping and my response was thanks for being an ass. The thing that ticks me off was it was really a bad time financially as the transmission just went out of my truck and a few other things that I don't recall were draining my wallet already.
    I've got two guns... One for each of ya (Doc Holiday)