Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Kahr PM40 Magazine Issue

I recently purchased a used Kahr PM40.

I really like the gun as it is accurate, conceals well and seems to be very reliable with one issue. When shooting with the extended mags the will drop free sometimes after shooting a few rounds. It happens with both extended mags but never the standard one (I carry with the standard magazine). It also also happened to two other shooters I let try the gun. Earlier today I sent the email below to Kahr:

Sirs,

I recently purchased a Kahr PM40.

While I am very happy with my purchase and feel this is an excellent firearm I am having an issue with the extended magazines (I have 2).

The extended magazines drop free when shooting. This does not occur with the standard magazine, only the extended ones (the same issue occurs with both).

I have taken care not to accidentally hit the magazine release when shooting and the same issue occurred with two other shooters I let try my gun.

Do you have thoughts or suggestions on this issue?

Thank you in advance,

Rob
    Just now I received the following reply:

Hello,

Thank you for purchasing a Kahr Arms/Auto Ordnance product. We are sorry you are experiencing these problems. We can definitely replace your magazines. Please send them in with a note describing the issue, requesting replacement and include your shipping information and we will get them to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Kahr Arms/Auto Ordnance
    130 Goddard Memorial Drive
    Worcester, MA 01603
    E-mail Address: service@kahr.com
    Phone; (508)795-3919
    Fax; (508)795-7046
    This is the definition of quality customer service! They didn't care how long I have had it, if I bought it new or used or anything else. They immediately worked to make the customer happy. By doing so, they gained a loyal customer.

III% - Stand and be counted

Default Re: Kahr PM40 Magazine Issue

Did you figure out why they are dropping out? You could end up with a nice pile of SHTF mags if you can get them to work. Shouldn't be too hard to sort out. It was good of Kahr to offer to send new mags without asking to look at the gun. Ya just don't come across that everyday.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Bucks County)

Before you pay to ship your magazines back, you should ask them to send you a new mag release and spring, the most likely culprits. I've had very positive dealings with Matt.McKeon@kahr.com
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by carwash View Post
    Before you pay to ship your magazines back, you should ask them to send you a new mag release and spring, the most likely culprits. I've had very positive dealings with Matt.McKeon@kahr.com
    Could be as simple as widening the mag half a mil where the mag catch slot is. Not common, but not rare, either.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(York County)

If the new mags solve the problem, awesome. If not I'll dig deeper. Feels like it might be a grip issue with the longer mag but I paid extra attention when using the longer mags and I'm 99% certain I'm not hitting the release. But there is always that 1%.....

III% - Stand and be counted