Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: M&P pistols

(Juniata County)

Default M&P pistols

I know they have lots of flashy ads. My wife was eyeing one up, the m&p shield. She is not happy with her revolver.

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are. I'd love to talk her into Kahr; but I think the price is pushing her away....I don't want to have her carry a junk pistol.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

Default Re: M&P pistols

I have a shield and love it. The 40 is a bit snappy so she might want to consider the 9mm.

(Bucks County)

I second the 9mm Shield. I carried a 40 Compact M&P and just upgrade to a full size. The Shield is a better choice for CC. The price is lower as well. At my LGS, anyway.

(Lancaster County)

The Shield is amazing. It's probably the best BUG sized gun ever made. The trigger is better than almost anything in its size range (Springfield EMP might be better but is 3x the price), weight is delightfully modest while recoil is incredibly mild, finish is excellent quality, magazines aren't too difficult to find (kinda painful on the fingers though so get a Lula), and price is superb.

I might have to buy another one to keep for future kid's 18th b-day.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Montgomery County)

My cousin bought a .40 shield and I have put about 200 rnds through it, it's got some bite. Great gun though shoots we'll feels good in the hand for its size. Best bet is to have her shoot it.

(Centre County)

My ol lady was carrying a j frame till I got my shield, now she carries it and I have to go with the 19. The shield is a sweet 9mm. I prefer it over the 19.
    DEEDS NOT WORDS..GFY!!

My girlfriend is 5'0", 103lbs. She has an M&P Shield in 9mm. We put the Apex carry kit in it and it's awesome. The slide is heavy, but she's also extremely fit, so manipulating the slide isn't that much of an issue with her. Some females I've known have had issues racking slides in compact and subcompact pistols.

It's funny you say she's not happy with a revolver...I know a lot of females who feel the same way.

Is she looking to carry this or just to shoot?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I know they have lots of flashy ads. My wife was eyeing one up, the m&p shield. She is not happy with her revolver.

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are. I'd love to talk her into Kahr; but I think the price is pushing her away....I don't want to have her carry a junk pistol.
    I personally have no experience with them so do not take my word for it, but a few guys in the academy had them. They honestly did not like them but the end of it. They are great looking guns but some had ejection problems or they were not happy with the trigger. That is just my experience though

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I don't want to have her carry a junk pistol.
    You don't have to worry about it being junk, but check into this if you purchase one. https://secure05.lwcdirect.com/front...&campaignID=63
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Lawrence County)

I like my Shield in 9mm. Ive only had two feed issues in about 400 rounds (both were nose dives on the feed ramp, one of which was 147gr. HP)

For me I find the grip to be a little hard with my larger hands, but that helps a lot for concealment so its give and take. I also do not like the flush fit mag, again due to grip size. I can easily conceal the 8rd mag so its not an issue.

I would say with a female that hopefully has smaller hands, these things wont be an issue.

Trigger is decent enough. It does have a gritty feel like everyone says, but its a self defense gun, not a bulls-eye gun. Eventually I plan on going with the apex kit if I decide to keep it.

My only other gripe is the cost of magazines. Cheapest I have found were $32 shipped. In my eyes that's a pretty big chunk of cash for a puny little magazine. I guess Im just too used to buying 30rd AR magazines for $10 +/-

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast