Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Two realy good weekends

Had two great weekends in a row. Last weekend, the Ruger Collectors Association (I'm a member) had a row of displays at the Harrisburg gun show. Always a great time getting together with the RCA members and listening to many of their stories. Lots of fabulous displays (heck one RCA members' sale table puts most displays to shame ). All the displayers (including me) got an SR22 (what a nice thing to get for doing what you like to do) for displaying our guns. I also got a SR45 (at a great price) at the RCA banquet/auction, so for me a good 2 gun weekend.

Went out to the FOAC gun bash out by Pittsburgh this past weekend. Besides having a lot of really nice guns given away, and great food (BBQ chicken, ham, and prime rib and all the fixings - and all you can eat) they also have side raffles ($2, $3, $5, and $10 gun tables). I'm sure any one that has been to a big gun bash knows how these work. Well, the girl selling tickets for the $10 table came buy and a friend and I bought tickets. Looked at my ticket (the number was 223) and I told him that with this number on it this was the winning ticket. Damned if it wasn't. Went up to look at the guns on the table with an ear to ear smile. They had some nice handguns (but no Rugers) and none that really struck my fancy. However, they did have a Ruger on the table and since it was a Ruger and the caliber matched my number (must have been kismet) I selected a SR556 (quad rail forearm, collapsible stock, 16" bbl, optics rail upper). Should come in this week (they had to ship it).

So all in all a couple of great weekends. Next weekend - well, taxes have to be done
    Last edited by Xringshooter; March 31st, 2014 at 05:14 PM.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Centre County)

Default Re: Two realy good weekends

Very nice Ron! Congrats!

So you're a Ruger whore eh!

LOL Good for you, always nice to get something you like
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Centre County)

Yeah, I do like my Rugers.

You know it's good to see you on the forum again after all that you have been through.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Yeah, I do like my Rugers.

You know it's good to see you on the forum again after all that you have been through.
    Tough like a Duck..
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly