Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default AMC movie theater Marple

I stopped going to movies in theaters years ago in part because of their no firearms policies. AMC generally has signs on their doors prohibiting carrying. That apparently did not stop this man who robbed it Friday night, fought a guard and pulled a gun on him.

I found it interesting that the guard had a gun and shot at the car.

Just one more example of criminals not following the rules that only disarm honest gunowner's and keep them from being able to protect themselves from criminals like this.

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-ne...in-parking-lot

MARPLE — Township police are looking for a white male who allegedly robbed the AMC theater Friday night and got into a fight with a security guard in the parking lot.

Police said a white male, 6-feet, 1-inch tall, in his 20’s, wearing a black zipped up hoodie with a red shirt underneath, wearing sunglasses and gloves walked into the AMC Marple 10 about 11 p.m. Friday and went directly to a register area, where he emptied out $600 in cash.

He was pursued by a theater security guard out into the parking lot, where an altercation ensued, according to police.

The guard followed the suspect to his car, where he allegedly pulled out a gun and the guard then shot at the car, hitting the driver side door, police said.

The driver then took off at a high rate of speed in the direction of Route 1.

The guard was not injured, nor was anyone in the theater, where most of the people were in filming rooms watching movies at the time.

Police said the suspect was driving a four-door white Nissan Altima-type sedan that now has a bullet hole in it.

Anyone with information about the suspect, the vehicle or the incident is asked to contact Marple detectives at 610-356-1504 or Marple Det. Barry Williams at 484-427-8171.

(Chester County)

Default Re: AMC movie theater Marple

If this is true, the guard is going to fry. Not only will he be fired (no big deal, really), he will be arrested, prosecuted, and maybe do jail time. Pursuing someone outside for stealing money, then shooting into their car isn't kosher.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    If this is true, the guard is going to fry. Not only will he be fired (no big deal, really), he will be arrested, prosecuted, and maybe do jail time. Pursuing someone outside for stealing money, then shooting into their car isn't kosher.
    Depends, if he is an off duty cop or someone the theater was okay with carrying I do not see a problem arising. It does not sound like he went out with his gun drawn. If he pulled it because he thought his life was in danger after seeing the criminals gun and fired in self defense missing the guy and hitting his car I don't think he will even be fired. Depends on the entire set of circumstances which we don't know yet.

600 bucks? What was that, like 20 people in the theater that night?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    "He claims the gun was pointed right at him so he took defensive actions at that point after the robbery takes place. I don't have a problem with his actions, where the car was parked was a secluded part of the parking lot, so there was no one around there, so thankfully no one got injured here," said Detective Barry Williams, Marple Township Police.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=9485003

(Delaware County)

They should put stickers up that say "No Robberies" - that should stop this sort of thing.

ETA: I go to that movie theater periodically with the family, and I openly admit that I never go unprotected. I live right around the corner from there.
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; March 31st, 2014 at 02:46 PM.
    Junior

(Delaware County)

Wow. And I thought the granite run Amc was the bad one. I live 5 minutes from this one. Though inusually go to regal out in edgemont. Scary stuff.. This is supposed to be a "good part of town".

Quote Originally Posted by 90volts View Post
    Wow. And I thought the granite run Amc was the bad one. I live 5 minutes from this one. Though inusually go to regal out in edgemont. Scary stuff.. This is supposed to be a "good part of town".
    Its been ghetto for years. Walmart didn't help much either.

Quote Originally Posted by 90volts View Post
    Supposedly they will be tearing down the center of the Granite Run Mall next year and putting in some strip malls while leaving the anchor stores where they are. As part of the concept, they are going to upgrading the movie theater.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Supposedly they will be tearing down the center of the Granite Run Mall next year and putting in some strip malls while leaving the anchor stores where they are. As part of the concept, they are going to upgrading the movie theater.
    I thought toll bros bought it for 25mil and are going to keep it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast