Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Bushkill Police Department?

Shohola has their own PD.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

Nothing personal but it seems strange that people pay taxes, own land, get mortgages, etc. but don't know who provides their police services.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Nothing personal but it seems strange that people pay taxes, own land, get mortgages, etc. but don't know who provides their police services.
    Just dial 911 and say a Hail Mary!

PSP response times to calls in that area are over an hour on average...often times way more and sometimes they never even show up! That from numerous close friends who have lived there over 25 years. Anyone else familiar with this?
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

The system is improved greatly. With the recent 911 readdressing we now have eliminated duplicate road names and numbers are assigned on a feet per mile bases to the driveway.
    Response times for police, fire and ambulance should be improved.
    If you live in an area with PSP coverage you have to understand calls are triaged, if you call because somebody mashed your mailbox you may wait all day especially if a home invasion is called in at the same time.

(Pike County)

Bushkill has a lot of Private Communities where they have Security, Id say 75% of Bushkill residents live in a private community where security coverage is 24/7, but they are not real Police Officers. There authority stops at the gates...

If we see a State Trooper up my way we always say "Must be serious" cause they are illusive. I maybe see 1 State Police Cruiser a year go by my house from the Blooming Grove Barracks. Back on my little mountain area people say "We are the police until the Police get here" could be hours...

But if needed the Fine Officers from Blooming Grove always respond.

There was a committee and talk years ago about Bushkill forming a Police Station with 5 or so cruisers going 24/7... Never happened. The Police Study went no farther than the actual study itself...
    Know Christ Know Peace, No Christ No Peace

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by DieselDon16 View Post
    If we see a State Trooper up my way we always say "Must be serious" cause they are illusive. I maybe see 1 State Police Cruiser a year go by my house from the Blooming Grove Barracks. Back on my little mountain area people say "We are the police until the Police get here" could be hours...

But if needed the Fine Officers from Blooming Grove always respond...
    We have the same here in Sterling, get to see PSP maybe once a year, low crime area.

(Pike County)

Thumbs up Re: Bushkill Police Department?

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    We have the same here in Sterling, get to see PSP maybe once a year, low crime area.
    I lived here my whole life. 2 weeks ago I had to drive a dump trailer from Tobyhanna to BeachLake, I went up through Sterling.... That's a beautiful little area you got up there. Really nice.
    Know Christ Know Peace, No Christ No Peace

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by DieselDon16 View Post
    There was a committee and talk years ago about Bushkill forming a Police Station with 5 or so cruisers going 24/7... Never happened. The Police Study went no farther than the actual study itself...
    Once they saw the cost and then the minimum coverage you get with your own force minds quickly change. The they find out when you have a municipal force PSP pulls back and you sort of lose most of their coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by PoconoJo View Post
    Just dial 911 and say a Hail Mary!

PSP response times to calls in that area are over an hour on average...often times way more and sometimes they never even show up! That from numerous close friends who have lived there over 25 years. Anyone else familiar with this?
    I had an ex-girlfriend that lived in Chestnuthill Township in Monroe county and she had someone break into her house while she was out and her parents were at work. When her dad got home he called 911 and PSP showed up 2 hours later.

He bought a Mossberg 500 after that. They were originally from NJ.
    "Glocks are 5 times as addictive as crack"

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by G17-5291 View Post
    I had an ex-girlfriend that lived in Chestnuthill Township in Monroe county and she had someone break into her house while she was out and her parents were at work. When her dad got home he called 911 and PSP showed up 2 hours later.

He bought a Mossberg 500 after that. They were originally from NJ.
    That's not a bad thing. The incident was over and except for getting an inventory of items there isn't much to be done. For a couple years nor there is usually 2 PSP cars in the West End and if there is an active incident they usually get there fairly quick.

Keep in mind Chestnuthill is almost 38 square miles and 150 miles of roads and that's just one West End township.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast