Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Heidelberg Sportsmens work party

Today Heidelberg had the first work party of the year! I personally would like to thank the 8 members who showed up to help! I honestly thought there would have been a better turn out for help. There sure is enough people willing to give there input on what needs to be done!

Sure the weather wasn't the best for working outside, but we got some work done! There is still a whole lot that needs to be done but with only 8 out of 400 members present it may take us a hell of a long time to get it all done.

I honestly see why so many other clubs make work details mandatory.

Just a FYI the 25 yard rifle range will be closed until further notice for renovations. Please be considerate to others while on the short rifle range as ther is only 1 shooting bench right now. The 50, 75, 100 and 200 yard ranges remain open as well as the pistol range.

Also over the next few weeks there will be work being done on the pistol range and may be closed without notice.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Heidelberg Sportsmens work party

Sucks only 8 members participated in the WP. I get your frustration... guys need to step up and contribute. It's like the members think the maintenance happens all by itself.

We don't have mandatory WPs at my club, although with larger projects we usually advertise via email blast to the membership for extra help. There's a core group of 8 - 10 who participate each month, myself included. Truth be told... I enjoy getting out with the guys and away from the wife.

You guys have a 25 yard range for rifles? We have a 25 yard pistol range at my club, but occasionally have rim fire only rifle shoots there.
    Last edited by JAKIII; March 30th, 2014 at 06:03 PM.

(Lancaster County)

I find it curious that in the past, the excuse used by many was too little notice of the work party dates. Since the dates are posted on the yearly calendar, I am anxious to hear the new excuses.

(Lancaster County)

I'm in the process of joining. Once I get my membership, if I'm around, I'll be up to help. To me, it's something a member should do to give back to the club. It won't run itself!