Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default So I've been looking at the Beretta Px4 Storm Compact...

As a potential new carry gun. However I get the feeling it might be too big for me anyways as a carry gun, and that the subcompact model might be better. I however carry around a Ruger SR9c but I just sort of want a external hammer for some crazy reason over having a striker fired pistol. My not too long ago purchase of the Ruger SR22 made me like that double action/single action feel.

Another gun I thought of was the Lionheart LH9 which I saw in a youtube video. Kind of beyond my price range right now and looks to be in only select stores in the state so I may end up spending over 900 bucks on that firearm for accessories as well(holster, extra mags, etc).

The Px4 Storm Compact or Subcompact are about 200 dollars less anyways, and I'd likely trade in or sell my SR9c to just cut the costs.

I'm just wondering if anyone has their own experiences with the Px4 Storm series especially with the smaller models with conceal carry over an SR9c since through my limited research it has been kind of difficult to find multiple opinions on a comparison of these firearms.

The subcompact kind of looks too small for my tastes and that Compact model holds 15 rounds. I believe the subcompact holds 13 which is a little better than my SR9c. I like the size and feel of the SR9c but that round count just seems so nice especially since I don't carry around an extra magazine on a daily basis.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: So I've been looking at the Beretta Px4 Storm Compact...

I have a PX4 sub - I bought it as potential carry gun b/c of the size and high cap. I do not usually carry it however. It is a very reliable gun, and nice hi cap for the size, but the negatives for me outweighed the pro's. Negs for me were "

* very chunky
    * toughest gun I have ever owned to get accurate with. I have heard many
    have the same issue - something to do with size and barrel system. for the
    longest time I could barely hit the target itself at 25 feet ! I got mad,
    changed out sites to no avail, removed sites all together trying to convince
    myself I had made a snag free gun, then finally put the original sites back
    on and practiced more - finally got somewhat proficient with it.

Love my XDS much more for carry
    Good luck, I would definitely try one out before buying.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Chester County)

I love Beretta, love the look and feel of the PX4 sub, but just did not find that I was as natural with it on the range as the Glock 26 I ended up with.

Go shoot one. Tough to make an informed decision without shooting it.

(Cumberland County)

The thickness is the one thing I worry most about. I'm a thin guy so my SR9c is pretty substantial on my hip, yet fits comfortably, and from the only side comparison the grip looks much thicker than a SR9c. I didn't like the length of the barrel of the subcompact either but I noticed the grip on the compact is a little longer than the subcompact(I would suspect as much anyways) to where it might be riding out too much on my side.
    I'm going to look around to see if any place has both sizes so I can compare and contrast how they look and feel.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    The thickness is the one thing I worry most about. I'm a thin guy so my SR9c is pretty substantial on my hip, yet fits comfortably, and from the only side comparison the grip looks much thicker than a SR9c. I didn't like the length of the barrel of the subcompact either but I noticed the grip on the compact is a little longer than the subcompact(I would suspect as much anyways) to where it might be riding out too much on my side.
    I'm going to look around to see if any place has both sizes so I can compare and contrast how they look and feel.
    Make sure you shoot the px4 subcompact if you can - the most challenging gun I have as far as accuracy - a tougher gun to master imo
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Delaware County)

I've never shot the Px4 Storm, but it is big compared to other pistols with similar capacities. Have you looked at any of the other popular options for carry? Kahr, Glock, Kel Tec, Springfield, etc? I like using my PF9 or PM9 due to their size in warm weather. The XDm compact is super nice, but bigger than those two (winter). G26 is a good medium.

(Lackawanna County)

My buddy has a compact and I like nothing about it. I shoot my g27 way better. If I was looking for a new carry piece id be looking more along the lines of the shield xds or nano.

(York County)

I carry the compact 9mm everyday. It's a little wide but fits my hand well. A trade I'll take. I iwb carry with a White Hat and a Serpa outside carry. It's my favorite gun. I don't foresee me ever parting with it.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Benjamin Franklin