Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: PA Gun Collectors Ass'n (4/5 & 4/6) (Northway Mall)

Quote Originally Posted by Domer Dad View Post
    Wanted to pick up one of those but grabbed the x54R instead. Will look for those guys at the Washington show (I assume it was CNC Survival -- ok to mention the vendor I assume.). They seemed to have very good deals and were nice folks!
    John and family are good people. I always try to buy something from them even if I don't need it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhost27 View Post
    That's a good price! Cheapest I found online is $339 + shipping from the-armory.com
    Same here, SGAmmo is 339.00 plus shipping. Everything I've read about this ammo has been positive, never tried it but I will soon.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    I remember that guy. Acts like he's the only cat in the country with parts and IF he deems you worthy of eye contact, he gives you his best condescending stare the whole time you're talking, followed by a curt one-word response. Eff him.
    OK, so I am not the only one that he does that to.

Thanks,

Hoover

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    I remember that guy. Acts like he's the only cat in the country with parts and IF he deems you worthy of eye contact, he gives you his best condescending stare the whole time you're talking, followed by a curt one-word response. Eff him.
    Jim Shaffer from Irwin. A few shows ago I asked him if he had any Tyler T-Grips for a Colt New Service, and he replied, "I don't know what that is."

You can't be in the gun trade and gun parts business for nearly 50 years and NOT know what a Tyler T-Grip is.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Jim Shaffer from Irwin. A few shows ago I asked him if he had any Tyler T-Grips for a Colt New Service, and he replied, "I don't know what that is."

You can't be in the gun trade and gun parts business for nearly 50 years and NOT know what a Tyler T-Grip is.

Noah
    You know, it's funny because I've had mixed experiences with him - one was stellar (I mean beyond believable) and others varied between "Ho-hum" and that which was described above.

I had an old gun with a broken part - one that hasn't been manufactured in decades and while he didn't have the part with him, he did have it "at home". We chatted about the broken gun and long story short, he had me come back on Sunday and he not only had the part, but replaced it for me, saving me the risk of damaging something else, and only charged me for the part.

Other times when asking about old parts/mags, I've gotten the "why are you bothering me - I know you aren't going to buy this $200 magazine" look.

Maybe he's just getting old and crotchety like me?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I went on Sunday. I like the new location. Parking was just as bad at the PGH mills, I don't understand how people can say parking was worse.

I love the wide walkways in between the tables. PGH mills location just had enough room for two skinny men.

They have plenty of room to allow new venders to come to the show. Once word gets out I think we will see more new venders. Which will be a good thing.

I do wish they would force the old men to wear deodorant or have the mall cop spray axe under the arm pits of some people. The summer show will be very smelly.

That being said, I did not buy anything. It seems to me 90% of the stuff is the same stuff with the same price from all of the past shows. They did have a lot more ammo in stock and I did see one vender with CCI small rifle primers table.

It was still a fun time for me to get out and walk around. Afterwords my father-in-law and I went to the gun shop in Westview to take a look. He had CCI 22lr minimags for $45 per 500.

(Allegheny County)

Great show! Went both days (I'm a PGCA member so I don't have to pay every time I go, plus I live only 30-40 minutes away). I usually park up and around back by Mamma Lucia's. No problem finding a spot. Love the wide aisles. Spoke to a couple vendors who said the weekend was kind of crappy for them. CNC lady said she sold a lot of bulk ammo, though. She told me she'll be at the Washington show with a ton of ammo cans (calling EmptyMag...). She's charging $13.00 for one can and $25.00 for two. Found some good deals on ammo and mags. Had a great lunch at Mamma Lucia's.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456