Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Where to find a TT-33

Does anyone know a good website that has a lot of surplus TT-33 Torkorev (sp?) in 7.62x25? I want the russian make, not any of the egyptian or hungariun ones.
    I would prefer a place that sells to dealers, but anything would be a help. Thanks alot.

Default Re: Where to find a TT-33

Quote Originally Posted by Lentulas View Post
    Does anyone know a good website that has a lot of surplus TT-33 Torkorev (sp?) in 7.62x25? I want the russian make, not any of the egyptian or hungariun ones.
    I would prefer a place that sells to dealers, but anything would be a help. Thanks alot.
    I assume you're looking for ammunition, because if you're looking for a genuine Soviet TT-33, you're a little late. The last Russian TT-33 I sold in 2000 went for north of $650, and it was a pre-1986 import. If you want a genuine wartime TT-33 example sans safety, this is what you're looking for.

The last batch of surplus TT-33s that flooded the US was back in 2001, and they were from Poland (review). They turned out to be excellent pistols, and presently command between $325-$375 for clean examples. They also had the wartime Soviet scalloped slide serrations, making them ideal for reenactors.

It's very unlikely you'll find the TT-33 in quantity anywhere, unless someone finds yet another large stash of them overseas.

Oh, and that's Tokarev, not "Torkorev", which might explain your problematic online searches.

Thanks alot

(Bucks County)

A company called 'German Sales' imported a small batch of arsenal refinished Soviet TT-33's without the safety in spring of 2005. These guns were in storage in former East Germany. I received a nice 1944 dated Tula with holster with 2 matching mags for $175.00.

Also Southern Ohio Gun is advertising Romanian Tok's for $229. I ordered one, but the pistols are still tied-up in customs. The Romanian guns are not C & R.
    C & R License Holder, Delaware Valley Fish & Game Assoc,
    Penna Rifle & Pistol Assoc, Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society, and NRA Lifetime Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Ppsh41 View Post
    A company called 'German Sales' imported a small batch of arsenal refinished Soviet TT-33's without the safety in spring of 2005. These guns were in storage in former East Germany. I received a nice 1944 dated Tula with holster with 2 matching mags for $175.00.

Also Southern Ohio Gun is advertising Romanian Tok's for $229. I ordered one, but the pistols are still tied-up in customs. The Romanian guns are not C & R.
    SOG now requires a license on file to view their inventory.

Do you have contact info for German Sales? Google isn't revealing anything likely.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    SOG now requires a license on file to view their inventory.

Do you have contact info for German Sales? Google isn't revealing anything likely.
    The hyperlink to German Sales from my favorites folder is invalid. So I checked my C&R bound book and the address is:

GSP
    PO Box 6868
    Delray Beach FL 33482

Phone number: (954) 428-8927

Website down, but the company appears to still be in business.
    Penna Rifle & Pistol Assoc, Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society, and NRA Lifetime Member.

Called SOGD yesterday, the person I spoke with didn't know anything about the TT-33s.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    Called SOGD yesterday, the person I spoke with didn't know anything about the TT-33s.
    The Romanian Tokarevs appear on the front cover of the January SOG Sales flyer. I had to call SOG and confirm my back-order, when the customer rep informed me the pistols where still tied-up in customs.

The photo of the gun in the flyer looks a great deal like the imported Polish Toks: WW2 Soviet style dish-out slide serrations, the added frame-mounted safety just behind the trigger guard, and the ribbed black plastic grips with the thumb shelf. I didn't know Romanian even made Tokarevs.

I also have a Polish 1951 dated pistol that I removed the safety from and put on a pair of original grips, a Chi-com Type 54 vet bring-back dated 1959, and a Yugo M70a imported by American Arms back in the late 80's.

I'm still looking for a reasonably priced Hungarian model; last one I saw on GunBroker went for over $600. Also on one of the auctions was a clean un-molested matching TT-30 dated 1932. That gun and a North Korean Tok would be the center-piece of a collection.

The Romanian Tokarevs appear on the front cover of the January SOG Sales flyer.
    In that case, I'll keep a close eye on SOGD. I don't have their flyer for some reason. In the meantime, enjoy two pics of one of my TT33s.

post scrip-thanks for the contact info for GSP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast