Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default XD.45 unpopular?

So I use a XD.45 for everyday carry. When I look for parts, magazines, holsters, etc... no one stocks them. Stuff everywhere for the XD9 and 40 but if I want 45 stuff I have to order online. Why is the .45acp version so unpopular?

(Berks County)

Default Re: XD.45 unpopular?

I've been having a hard time finding magazines. Places have an empty hole for XDs 45, but no mags. I was wondering if they're shipping an extra mag out with all the recall guns or something & that's why they're hard to find? They're popping up for sale used all over the forum, so you'd think mags & accessories would be available. People are paying stupid money for them on ebay.

---- on edit, nevermind. Read that the OP was discussing an XDs, not full size XD.
    Last edited by theunrulychef; March 25th, 2014 at 09:41 AM. Reason: I can't read apparently

(Dauphin County)

because not everyone has big hands

Because it's a "GLOCKoff"

But seriously,

It is kind of a big gun for a lot of people, and I have noticed that the grip of the .45 is ridiculously long, JMO. I have handled them and they are solid guns. They just don't have the popularity of some other models or brands. Maybe less advertising? Not really sure.

There are so many versions of the XD, and I am guessing the compact models probably enjoy more success based on the CC market.

I haven't been looking for magazines or anything for them lately, but I didn't really have a hard time in the past finding them online. Then again, when I got my XD-45 as they rolled out the first production run, you couldn't find them anywhere but online. It is a pretty big pistol for lots of people, although in terms of the size compared to Glocks chambered in .45 ACP, they're actually smaller. I do think that lately the market has been in the compact pistols and concealed carry, which is a little harder to do with the larger framed .45 . I also think with the price of ammo and just how stupid things have gotten in general, some people have decided to consolidate calibers, and so many may be going to rounds cheaper to shoot like the 9mm that they have a different compact model in. I definitely love my XD-45.

(Centre County)

From what I understand its actually the opposite, the magazines are on backorder for every shop I have visited. Out of the 4 shops I regularly visit not one has been able to get xd45 magazines in in the last 3 months or so.
    Stupid kills. (But not often enough to make a real improvement.)

(Chester County)

Just so you know, the XDm 45 (which I carry) extended magazines do work in the XD, you just have to remove the extension plate (which I'd take off your hands for you)...I know b/c I've bought "XD" mags to fit my XDm.

I've had no problems sourcing magazines...Sometimes they go on sale at SA http://www.springfield-armory.com/st...roducts_id=499 and can be found other places.

Parts... These guys are pretty awesome! http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/

I am not sure if the XDm and XD can share a holster...But I have a leather Blackhawk ISP (IWB) that I love. http://tacticalgear.com/blackhawk-inside-the-pants-holster/black?utm_source=gs&utm_medium=sce&gclid=CJnl5Y6Ir b0CFS1eOgodLx0A5A#/5539/1336,653,727/1

(Blair County)

Magazines are available online http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Produ...px?catid=17674 . I was just commenting how so little is available in stock at gun shops. I bought my xd45 because it was bigger and fit my hand better, I'm 6' 260lbs so concealing a large frame is not an issue for me. Guess I didn't consider the little folk out there lol.

(Mercer County)

I think even though they are a great gun. I am a big fan of them being 6'8" myself they fit my hands great. For the price many people will get a Glock or Beretta or spend a little more for a Sig. I carry .45 myself. It seems to be much harder to find ammo for these days compared to .40 or 9mm.

(Chester County)

Must be location...Down my way (Chester Co) all the way up through Lancaster to Hershey I can get .45 (.40 is sometimes thin). I even see XD mags in stores and at shows...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast