Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: finished my AR pistol

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    How much did that thing cost? How does it work? I might need to get one of those. That's pretty awesome.
    The Motion Control ETD was ~$7,800, plus $500 for the titanium hooks swap. Pennies compared to my $70,000 custom i-limb. Both work off myoelectric muscle control . . . PM me if you'd like more details.

http://www.utaharm.com/etd-electric-terminal-device.php

http://www.touchbionics.com/products.../i-limb-ultra/

(Franklin County)

I didn't get to the range so I don't have any pics or a full report. I did however get to put two rounds through it at my buddy's house. It cycled smooth with no issues. Both pieces of brass landed beside eachother with only the usual deflector ding. It felt great, very happy!

(Wyoming County)

AJ,

Nice looking pistol! I don't recall seeing in this thread if you mentioned how much you have invested in this build? I was looking at a Factory Sig Pistol and wondered how much better I might be able to do price wise if I built one myself?

Appreciate your thread!

Thanks

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    AJ,

Nice looking pistol! I don't recall seeing in this thread if you mentioned how much you have invested in this build? I was looking at a Factory Sig Pistol and wondered how much better I might be able to do price wise if I built one myself?

Appreciate your thread!

Thanks
    I don't keep track of how much I invest in my ARs. If I added it up I'd have the deer in the head lights look. I've learned to take my time and do it the way I want the first time. You can build one for way less than I did. Compared to what I have in mine versus buying the Sig, the Sig would be cheaper. If you do a budget build you could do it for a far amount less than the Sig. Putting one together is fairly simple, if you have patients and some mechanical skills you'll be fine. Some people dog on non factory rifles but you get to get the best of all worlds with no compromise, if you have the time and money. I also don't plan on selling mine, they are heirlooms to be used and passed down.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by AJ C-burg View Post
    I don't keep track of how much I invest in my ARs. If I added it up I'd have the deer in the head lights look. I've learned to take my time and do it the way I want the first time. You can build one for way less than I did. Compared to what I have in mine versus buying the Sig, the Sig would be cheaper. If you do a budget build you could do it for a far amount less than the Sig. Putting one together is fairly simple, if you have patients and some mechanical skills you'll be fine. Some people dog on non factory rifles but you get to get the best of all worlds with no compromise, if you have the time and money. I also don't plan on selling mine, they are heirlooms to be used and passed down.
    Thanks Amigo, I appreciate the feedback!

(Franklin County)

Default Re: finished my AR pistol (updated 5/4, after a beating)

Went to my bro-in-laws house out in Warfordsburg to get some trigger time. We had quite the assortment of firearms between us. As targets we had 1gal and 5 gal jugs, case of soda, old skunk cans of Jeremiah Weed and Miller Lt, silly string, golf balls, lighters, a spinning gong, Tannerite, and a hot h2o heater. Needless to say we all had a blast.

It was the first time out for my AR pistol, besides two function test shots. I still have a grin on my face. Everything functioned flawlessly. I need to get to my real range to fine tune my optic but I had boresighted it before. My buddies seemed surprised with the accuracy considering only boresighted and shooting cheap ammo.

My bro-in-law and I split some Tula 55 grn steel case and I was happy with the purchase. I am usually a brass kind of guy but I wanted to do some shooting so I bought economical. I'm glad I cleaned it last night, damn is that shit dirty! I wasn't looking for a great accuracy round, I wanted a lot of ammo. But guess what, I was hitting golf balls at about 50-60 yards. Now I wasn't smacking them every pull, but still every 3-5 rounds. That's good enough for me at the price I paid.

Watch out, I'm going to be posting some reviews on some of the parts I used. Please add commentary if you have experience with them. Anyway, the build went great. Yesterday was beautiful in several ways. Now on to pics.....

Most of my stuff was on this table

This was my dirty ass bolt

My shit got a little hot and dirty

Here's two 5 gal jugs and 5 cans of aerosols with 1lbs of Tannerite

The hot h2o heater didn't have a chance

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345