Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Franklin County)

Default Looking for a pistol range in Franklin County.

I need a new range to go to, I dropped my membership to Waynesboro Fish and Game, actually they dropped me and I'm not reapplying.
    I missed the notice to pay dues this winter and I went 10 days past the last pay date so they want me to reapply and pay the application and new member fees and so forth all over again and I'm just not going to do that.
    They've got a decent range but I've had a bad taste in my mouth about that place since I became a member three years ago. When I was filling out my application there was a member or an officer (don't know which) talking to me and made a couple racial remarks that seemed inappropriate, not talking about me, just to me, but still seemed very inappropriate for a conversation between two people who have never met before, especially since he was representing the club at that time. Another thing about them that seemed weird, member's can't invite family or guests to use any club facilities, my wife or kids would need a membership of their own to fish in the lake or use the range with me, that just turned me off, so much for promoting family activities.
    It really does kind of suck because I only live about 5 miles from Waynesboro Fish and Game. Oh well.

Anyway, I'm a member of Greencastle Sportsmans club, and I like them, none of the issues that Waynesboro had, but they don't have a pistol range so I'm SOL as far as someplace to shoot a short gun.
    Last edited by ray h; March 22nd, 2014 at 03:57 PM.