Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Looking for a pistol range in Franklin County.

I need a new range to go to, I dropped my membership to Waynesboro Fish and Game, actually they dropped me and I'm not reapplying.
    I missed the notice to pay dues this winter and I went 10 days past the last pay date so they want me to reapply and pay the application and new member fees and so forth all over again and I'm just not going to do that.
    They've got a decent range but I've had a bad taste in my mouth about that place since I became a member three years ago. When I was filling out my application there was a member or an officer (don't know which) talking to me and made a couple racial remarks that seemed inappropriate, not talking about me, just to me, but still seemed very inappropriate for a conversation between two people who have never met before, especially since he was representing the club at that time. Another thing about them that seemed weird, member's can't invite family or guests to use any club facilities, my wife or kids would need a membership of their own to fish in the lake or use the range with me, that just turned me off, so much for promoting family activities.
    It really does kind of suck because I only live about 5 miles from Waynesboro Fish and Game. Oh well.

Anyway, I'm a member of Greencastle Sportsmans club, and I like them, none of the issues that Waynesboro had, but they don't have a pistol range so I'm SOL as far as someplace to shoot a short gun.
    Last edited by ray h; March 22nd, 2014 at 03:57 PM.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Looking for a pistol range in Franklin County.

(Franklin County)

south mountain is very reasonable.
    In God We Trust............................

(Franklin County)

as ironhorse said south mountain fish and game is nice. The range don't have per say a pistol range but they have a short one i use for shooting. Membership renewal($15) is yearly and begins in October and lasts through December,however,members may renew until the end of January by paying a $5 late fee($20 total).After that,adult members are required to reapply and include the initiation fee($40 total). Members must renew in person,or mail in the form and check. We do not mail out renewal notices. You can stop by on saturday or sundays and get a application. Or i can get you one and we can switch phone information and i can get it to you.

Thanks,
    Steve

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    as ironhorse said south mountain fish and game is nice. The range don't have per say a pistol range but they have a short one i use for shooting. Membership renewal($15) is yearly and begins in October and lasts through December,however,members may renew until the end of January by paying a $5 late fee($20 total).After that,adult members are required to reapply and include the initiation fee($40 total). Members must renew in person,or mail in the form and check. We do not mail out renewal notices. You can stop by on saturday or sundays and get a application. Or i can get you one and we can switch phone information and i can get it to you.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Thanks Steve,
    Looking at Google, it looks like you have maybe a 50yd backstop, a 100yd backstop and maybe 220yd (?) backstop, would that be about right?

South Mountain is certainly cheaper than Waynesboro. It was going to cost me $160 for my wife and I to reapply at Waynesboro.
    Can spouses of members use the range with the member or does everyone in the family need a membership?
    Last edited by ray h; March 23rd, 2014 at 11:59 AM.

(Franklin County)

St. Thomas Sportsman's Association. But I read where they are cutting off memberships when they reach 1,000 members and you go on a waiting list. I do not know how many members they have at this date. 717-369-4791.
    Last edited by Swamp Fox; March 23rd, 2014 at 01:10 PM.
    Navy ⚓️ 1965–1969

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Thanks Steve,
    Looking at Google, it looks like you have maybe a 50yd backstop, a 100yd backstop and maybe 220yd (?) backstop, would that be about right?

South Mountain is certainly cheaper than Waynesboro. It was going to cost me $160 for my wife and I to reapply at Waynesboro.
    Can spouses of members use the range with the member or does everyone in the family need a membership?
    Everyone that uses the range must be a member. The gate key costs $20.00 per key but you get that back when you turn your key in.Yes you are right about the yardage on the range.

(Dauphin County)

Franklin County? Back yard

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by johnydavid View Post
    Franklin County? Back yard
    Haha thats good ,My burn barrel looks like a piece of swiss cheese !!!

Chambersburg Pistol And Rifle Club.

I attached the website and facebook page. They do have a membership limit that has already been filled this year, so if you are interested next year you could apply. They also have NRA Action Pistol matches scheduled throughout the year that are open to the public. You can find the match schedules on the website.

http://www.chambersburgpistolandrifleclub.com/

https://www.facebook.com/ChambersburgPistolAndRifleClub