Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Default springfield xd9. surprisingly nice

Picked up a 4"xd9 and i have to say this thing points like a 1911. Light trigger pull. Nice grips. I shoot it much better than my glock 19. The angle of the glock points high on the target. Only time will tell on its durability. I see no reason why it wont hold up at this point. I do like glock mags better but the xd for now is my new go to.

(Erie County)

Default Re: springfield xd9. surprisingly nice

I have 3 XD pistols. sub compact 9 tactical 9 and a service 40. I like them all. I also have a Glock, it doesn't get as much attention as the XD's
    Muzzel Down Range, Eyes On Target...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by kel ruger man View Post
    Picked up a 4"xd9 and i have to say this thing points like a 1911. Light trigger pull. Nice grips. I shoot it much better than my glock 19. The angle of the glock points high on the target. Only time will tell on its durability. I see no reason why it wont hold up at this point. I do like glock mags better but the xd for now is my new go to.
    I've always passed on Glocks because they point high for me as well. It seems to be a common problem, you may want to give this a try for your 19... http://www.gripforceproducts.com/Home.php ... if I ever buy a Glock I will surely try it.
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

(Lehigh County)

I have the same opinion about the XD9 4" too. I have XD9, Glock 19, and M&P. I shoot the XD better than the others. My groupings are better and more consistent. Maybe because I have more rounds thru the XD. It's smoother action. The trigger not as crisp as the Glock, which actually is better, IMO... Just smooth pull and not a heavy "wall" before the it releases the firing in.

Some of the dislikes... I don't like the 6 o'clock hold. It leaves you guessing where to hold depending on the size and distance of the target. Trigger reset is barely audible or felt. The slide finish is also subpar compared Glock tough finish.

But in the end, I still shoot it better than the other two.

(Mercer County)

They're solid guns. If that's what works best for you then by all means, rock it.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Chester County)

Out of curiosity, may I ask why you said "surprisingly nice"? Did you read/hear bad reviews? I ask b/c I love my XDm and it seems like ppl either have one and love it or overlook them completely (and get a glock or M&P)...

(Carbon County)

For some reason i never liked the look of it. Never heatd anything bad about them. I saw a new one in the gun shop for 459 so i grabbed it. Glad i did

(Bucks County)

I picked up my 4" XD9 a while ago. I love it. Accurate and easy to shoot. I took a range trip with my buddy who has a Glock 17. He liked my XD far better. So far I have 250 or so rounds though it and not a single problem to speak of.