Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the area

(Chester County)

Default Re: New to the area

Quote Originally Posted by del48 View Post
    Without joining a club, here are your options:
    - Targetmaster (down Rt.202 before the DE border), indoor public range, hourly, pistol and rifle (.223 only purchased there)
    - French Creek Outfitters (Phoenixville), indoor public range, hourly, pistol and small rifle (pistol caliber and 22lr), indoor archery range too
    - State Game Lands public ranges, outdoors, need hunting license or range permit, 3 round loading limit

If you want a flat fee all day shooting, 45min drive to Wicen's.

If you're already in the area, don't forget the huge gun show in Oaks this weekend. I think you were deprived of them in NYS.
    Thanks for the info.

I liked target master til I read you need to buy their ammo when shooting .223. Probably only go there when shooting pistols.

French creek is good but I'd like to find an outdoor range too. I will definitely check it out for indoor shooting though.

State land.... That 3 round limit, no thanks.

I don't mind throwing down for a range membership but really don't have the time to join a club where I need to wash the floors for the first week or put in community service hours or walk somebody's dog and get voted in.

I'll check out wicen's, thanks!

(Montgomery County)

It might be a drive for you, but I would recommend The Gun Range in Philly.
    It is a great and positive experience. I don't think you need to buy their ammo.

(Montgomery County)

Once you decide where you are house buying, find a club and join.
    Gun clubs are far more economical than ranges and they have much more to offer.

(Montgomery County)

Yeah....I had no issues getting my LTCF in Montco, and don't know anyone that has. It was pretty simple.

(Chester County)

I prefer Chester County, but I am biased. Plus you'd be much closer to work in Exton, Lionville, or even a little farther up Route 100. There is a nice mix of single family homes, townhouses, condos, apartments, etc.

(Lancaster County)

Hello Pennsylvanians!
    I too, am a new Pennsylvanian. I previously lived in New Jersey. I've been a member of this pafoa.org board for a few years, and have even been able to enjoy a few PA gun shows.
    Like the other new resident, I found moving to PA to be rather liberating. It's common knowledge how restrictive NJ is for anything firearms related so no need to itemize I trust.
    And of course, being born and raised up near the NYC area, This move, to Telford, right on the Montco line, is nothing less than a major lifestyle change for me. And I will be (am now) a skilled tradesman in that huge local beef plant. Sure glad I've done some hunting before I took that job!
    So, I'm just glad to be here, out of the urban areas, and will be going through the typical issues: transfer hunting license, vehicle registration, am now waiting for my permanent PA driver license, will eventually want to work on my carry permit, find a range, find land to hunt, etc. etc.
    I will be reading threads like this one and wecome comments, suggestions, etc. I'm looking at working another 8 or so years and perhaps will retire here in Telford or elsewhere in PA. It's been mostly a welcome change for me so far.
    All the best!

(Bucks County)

Privyet, and velcome to Amerika Comrade! I too am an escapee from behind the libtard curtain. I swam across the river of Delaware in '97. Enjoy your new found freedom. Cherish it, and never forget how it was where we come from. Promise to do everything you can to prevent that from happening here.

Do svidaniya!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12