Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default SPAG: Glock day Sat Apr 5th, 2014

Just a heads up to glock day coming up soon at south Philly archery and gun. Anyone going?

I've been debating becoming a member there because of the huge difference with their VIP vs standard membership. The big difference is VIP lets you shoot your own ammo without having to pay $10 per visit. Having said that $80 vs $250 for the discounted member rates iirc is quite a difference and I've been considering joining the gun range Philly since that's $150 to shoot your own. Tough choice since I'm under a mile from SPAG and could walk.

I guess I have some decision to make. Either way I'll be there that Saturday to shoot some glocks, hope to see some of you there .

(Bucks County)

Default Re: SPAG: Glock day Sat Apr 5th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill990 View Post
    Just a heads up to glock day coming up soon at south Philly archery and gun. Anyone going?

I've been debating becoming a member there because of the huge difference with their VIP vs standard membership. The big difference is VIP lets you shoot your own ammo without having to pay $10 per visit. Having said that $80 vs $250 for the discounted member rates iirc is quite a difference and I've been considering joining the gun range Philly since that's $150 to shoot your own. Tough choice since I'm under a mile from SPAG and could walk.

I guess I have some decision to make. Either way I'll be there that Saturday to shoot some glocks, hope to see some of you there .
    I personally go to the Gun Range. It's a more relaxed atmosphere and I like that. It's basically a little classier Firing Line (which was my goto before then Gun Range reopened).
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

(Philadelphia County)

Figure out how much you think you might shoot there. Add $3-4 or so to every box of ammo you'd buy at SPAG over the Walmart/internet price.

If you don't shoot much then the $80 membership isn't bad but if you figure on shooting a lot the budget membership ends up being costly.

Does The Gun Club have a rifle rated backstop?

(Philadelphia County)

YOU HAVE TO PAY MORE FOR THE VIP TO SHOOT YOUR OWN AMMO BUT YOU GET TO RENT GUNS WITH THE PACKAGE. IF YOU DONT RENT THE PLACE IS NOT FOR YOU. ALSO THEY EVEN CHARGE YOU MORE IF YOU BRING IN YOUR OWN AMMO TO SHOOT JUST TO GET MORE OUT OF YOU. THATS IF YOU DONT HAVE A MEMBERSHIP.

GO TO THE GUN RANGE.

CAPS

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to weigh in on. Since im in walking distance to SPAG I can see myself there more than once a month which would mean I'll have to go VIP. Haven't been to the gun range Philly since 2007 when it was colisimos. From what I read/saw it looks awesome there now. I also hope to move back to Northern liberties so I may do that. If anyone wants to be my roommate I'd be looking for a 3 bedroom and one roommate btw.