Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Anti Gun Chicago Politician wants exemption for his guns

Some pigs are more equal than other pigs, Animal Farm….by George Orwell

This concept sure applies in this story………

NEWS RELEASE
    CCRKBA SAYS CHICAGO ALDERMAN SHOULD SUFFER LIKE OTHER GUN OWNERS

BELLEVUE, WA – Chicago Alderman Richard Mell ought to be prosecuted like any other negligent gun owner for failing to re-register his firearms under an ordinance he helped pass, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.

“I don’t care if anti-gun Mayor Richard Daley supports giving Mell a break, and it doesn’t matter that Mell is the father-in-law of Gov. Rod Blagojevich,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb. “For years, the draconian ordinance supported by Mell and enforced by Daley has terrorized Chicago gun owners. It’s time for Mell to face his own music, and it’s time for Daley to just shut up.”

Mell has proposed an amendment to the existing law that would allow gun registration to re-open for a month, giving him amnesty. Mell and Daley are claiming that this is for other gun owners in the city as well who may have let their registrations lapse.

“For years, the Daley Administration has engaged in goon squad demagoguery against gun owners,” Gottlieb observed, “but now all of a sudden, just because Alderman Mell finds himself on the wrong side of a law he supported, he and Daley want to do Chicago gun owners a favor. This magnanimity is a flimsy sham, and law-abiding firearm owners all over Illinois should be outraged.

“It is equally outrageous that Mell is blaming this lapse on an aide,” he added. “How stupid is that? Mell knows that gun owners are personally responsible for re-registering their firearms, and over the years, the city has shown no mercy for others who have failed to comply with the law. This guy shouldn’t be on the city council, he ought to be in an unemployment line, and even more than that, he ought to be facing charges in court for possession of unregistered guns inside the city.

“The sad fact is,” Gottlieb concluded, “that this proposed amnesty amendment would never be on the table if it weren’t designed specifically to help Alderman Mell. That anyone else might benefit is an accident, and both Mell and Daley know it. Other gun owners should be allowed to re-register, but Mell should lose on this sweetheart deal. Perhaps then he will fully understand just how insidious Chicago’s gun laws really are, and he will lead the fight to abolish them.”

-END-

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Anti Gun Chicago Politician wants exemption for his guns

Wow, I wish I could say I was surprised. How do people get away with this shit?

(Luzerne County)

Just ANOTHER example of the DAMOCRATS saying " Do as I say... not as I DO"..

I wonder if someone else used the same excuse if they would be given amnesty too ???

I friggin doubt it.........................

(Chester County)

They are all corrupt in our judicial system there are very few "honest" people out there. So I can not say that I am in the least bit surprised, I just wonder how many more there are out there.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Lehigh County)

Just another example of corruption in the most corrupt city in the most corrupt state for about the last 75 years. Isn't there a Presidential Candidate from that state? Hand picked by the Daley Demorat (sic) machine.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Allegheny County)

An ethics investigation would be highly appropriate if Alderman Richard Mell get amnesty.

(Indiana County)

Reminiscent of the hypocrisy demonstrated by the late liberal columnist Carl Rowan, a staunch anti-gunner who got arrested in 1988 for shooting a kid on his property...

In 1988, Mr. Rowan, in his columns a firm advocate of strict handgun control, found himself in the center of a gun controversy when he fired a shot using an unregistered pistol to wound a teen-age intruder in his backyard. He was arrested and tried, but argued that he had the right to use whatever means necessary to protect himself and his family. The jury deadlocked and the judge declared a mistrial.
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...pagewanted=all

(Berks County)

I am being more convinced as time goes by that gun control has less and less to do with guns and more to do with money.

Registries cost money, having to register something cost money, but never are there clear numbers involved when we are so graciously provided a fee to enjoy our uninfringed rights per the goverments ideals.

The proverbial cat is out of the bag as far as the PSP registry and there have been submissions to have all of our firearms registed on a yearly basis. And I'm sure that fee of whatever they feel like at the time will be low enough for us to handle per their ideals of what we can. But alas it still comes to money. The fee for registering any gun in PA is $2 if I can remember. So when will it become more? Who decided that? And if they passed legislation to make us pay a yearly fee what would govern that?
    If there is a deficit in budget why not take it out of our pockets?
    I feel as though these battles are going to be the harder ones to fight as we slowly dip into a worse recession. Citizens and politicians will look to the brave and patriotic to support their way of life, and since we do this by being armed as is, why not see what monotary value we have...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by awkx View Post
    An ethics investigation would be highly appropriate if Alderman Richard Mell get amnesty.
    The problem would be finding anyone in the Illinois government that is ethical enough to do the investigation.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    The problem would be finding anyone in the Illinois government that is ethical enough to do the investigation.
    Don't limit it to IL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast