Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Schuylkill County Area Gun Clubs?

Anyone know where I can find one?

(Schuylkill County)

Check out the Tulpehocken Rifle and Pistol Club in Pine Grove.
    I don't know the exact location address but here is the mailing: P O Box 253, Pine Grove, PA, 17963-1216

I've belonged there for the past two years. Membership is $25 the first year and $20 each year after.

(Delaware County)

I just joined. Nice place, nothing fancy which is the way I like it.

Locked gate at entrance.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Schuylkill County Area Gun Clubs?

I am looking to join the tulpehocken rifle and pistol club. Anyone have any ideas on how that is accomplished?
    The range is right outside Pine Grove on 443 heading towards Deturksville. Make a right at the sign and the gate to the range is about 350 yards down the road on the right.

(Schuylkill County)

Ashland Gun club on 61 between Frackville and Ashland. Nice sized club house, hosts some bnads once in a while. I think its mostly clays. I never drove down to see but its on the left side when going south.

Whipporwhil(sp?) on Morea Rd heading N out of Frackville. They supposidly just put up a new range. I've been there before and not once saw any shooters.

'The Berm' no a gun club but a free place to shoot into a coal bank. Bout 100 yard range. Its on the 'Burma road' going out of St. Clair. Not a club, just free shooting!

(Berks County)

Farbmeister, Shhhh on the burma road!

Guys who have adopted and take care of it like it word of mouth and invite only....Fella dam near got lynched over on AR-15 for posting directions and pictures. Raised one hell of a crap storm.

(Schuylkill County)

Yeah, I'm looking for a place to shoot clays or trap. Plenty of land myself to plink off my handguns and whatnot.

My shotgun and I had a conversation last night and it asked me to take it out shooting clays.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan View Post
    Farbmeister, Shhhh on the burma road!

Guys who have adopted and take care of it like it word of mouth and invite only....Fella dam near got lynched over on AR-15 for posting directions and pictures. Raised one hell of a crap storm.
    Would you happen to have a link to the thread involving this? This has sparked my curiosity. I've been shooting at the Burma for years now and know pretty much all the "regulars" for quite some time. It just doesn't sound like them to be so "exclusive" as long as the new shooters are friendly and safe.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker View Post
    Would you happen to have a link to the thread involving this? This has sparked my curiosity. I've been shooting at the Burma for years now and know pretty much all the "regulars" for quite some time. It just doesn't sound like them to be so "exclusive" as long as the new shooters are friendly and safe.
    Now I'm afraid to go there and shoot. I don't know why I would want to. I own 51 acres and can do with it as I damn well want to thank you.

lol

(Berks County)

The thread and pictures were locked or deleted, I can't find them anymore either, it was in the Hometown section on AR-15 in Pennsylvania.

The thread was at least a year or two ago, the guy posted pics, folks (from all over PA) started asking him where it was, and directions got posted.

I see the point to a degree, it is more of a local place, and it is private property (coal company owns it I think) so for the most part I agree with wanting to keep it local and quiet as possible. Don't want to ruin a good thing. I have no idea who is who on AR-15, but I never have any problems with any of the folks up Burma road either. But some of the comments in the thread related to folks tearing the place up, and whoever posted said they put in some of the shooting tables, and clean the place up. I wasn't a part of the thread, so I wasn't going to argue with them, the consensus from these guys was to keep it quiet and local.

I try to go at least once or twice a month, I try to hit it during the weekdays, weekends the place is packed, even in bad weather.
    Last edited by 762xIan; March 22nd, 2007 at 02:39 AM.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast