Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default long term durability of m&p shield

Just a general curiosity on the semi new shields by s&w. I have the 9mm and have about 500-550 rounds of various ammo through it and knock on wood has been flawless. Just wondering if any members have had any issues or anything with thousands of rounds down the barrel. Overall I have nothing but high marks in every aspect of the shield granted my big hands prefer the extended 8 round mag over the flush 7 rounder but can easily shoot accurate with both. And as a single stack it feels good in my hands. Thanks

(Centre County)

Default Re: long term durability of m&p shield

I have just under 2 thousand thru my shield 9mm zero issues. I seen a Yeager video recently about his shield , he said he is around 12k no issues.
    DEEDS NOT WORDS..GFY!!

My wife's had about 400 through it when it decided to lock up to the point that I had to slam the slide to get it to go and come out of battery. Sent it back to S&W and they replaced the whole top end. Runs great now, but it only has a hundred rounds through it since we got it back.

(Montgomery County)

2 thousand rounds 12 k rounds no issues. Then we have 400 with total slide malfunction. I know guns can be like cars and sometimes you just get a lemon so to say. Sorry to hear only 400 knocked down your pistol. Hope I have the 12k plus model in my holster but s&w has top notch customer service which is no excuse for breakdown but at least they back there products hassle free. I have 5 of there products and have had zero issues knock on wood. Heading to classic tomorrow to put another 100 through it or so thanks for the input .

(Chester County)

On smith-wessonforum.com, there have been numerous complaints about having problems with the .40 caliber shields. I don't know anybody personally who ever had any problems with them, but there are a good amount of unhappy .40 shield owners on that forum. Now there are also probably 100x as manny happy shield owners over there too. I never heard any problems with the 9mm shields though.