Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Elverson Rod and Gun Club

Hello!

Any members out there? Are they accepting new members?

My wife and I have been to Elverson Rod and Gun Club a couple times during the summer for their trap shoots on Sunday. We had a great time and the members running it were great. We really would like to join, but are having some issues getting in touch with someone. I've sent two emails with no response. We stopped by the club this past Sunday (March 16, 2014) for the Trap Shoot that was advertised on their calendar from their website and no one was there. It was probably around 12:30 or so. We also stopped in on Feb. 16, 2014 and again, no one was there. I can understand no one being there for the February Trap Shoot, there was a ton of snow.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

Default Re: Elverson Rod and Gun Club

Hi, I'm a member at Elverson. They are currently full...this club is more of a social club then it it a gun club. They haven't voted to expand the 400 memberships and I don't see them doing this anytime soon.

Here is the link to the website and I will tell you that they are old people. Even thought they have a website...I've found it's not updated or checked very often.

http://www.elversonrodandgunclub.com/

Have you considered joining Kimberton? There are other clubs in our area as well.

(Chester County)

I have thought about joining Kimberton, but everytime I think about doing it, they have closed their membership. Last time I checked, they closed off membership. I just checked and their web-site doesn't say anything. However, it looks like you need a sponsor and unfortunately, I don't know any members.

Looks like Kimberton might have a trap shoot this Sunday. If I get a chance, I might stop up.

I don't know of any other clubs in the area. I went to one a while ago - Southern Chester County something, but that seemed to far of a drive for me. I hear good things about NCCSC and will try to get there this summer for one of their trap shoots.

(Chester County)

Elverson Rod and Gun opens there membership in Feb and March of each year. They fill after 15 or 20 people join and close again. Many clubs are this way, Kimberton, West Caln, Telhai over in Honey Brook, there is West Caln, Atglen, West Chester Trap Club, Southern Chester, Delaware fish and Game. Lower Providence in Montgomery County, Frontier Archery and South Pottsville in Pottstown. There is South Birdsboro in Berks County.

There is the public range at French Creek, but only go during the week as the weekends I've heard could be difficult.

From reading other threads, Northern Chester County Sportsmen's Club has serious mismanagement problems. They have instructor's running businesses out of the club at the expense of the membership. A Couple of the instructors seem to intimidate members that dissent at meetings. It appears that the remaining five board members and the instructors have taken over the club and are pushing for more restrictions, control etc., and do not do as the membership asks.
    Last edited by GTO454; September 6th, 2014 at 10:49 PM.

(Chester County)

I believe you have some bad information about NCCSC. The membership is growing every month and the improvements to the club are great. Rebuilt indoor range record trap attendance. It would be great if you would stop posting lies about something you know nothing about. I'm there almost every week and I can't say enough about all the members and board members that I meet. Please get your facts straight instead of posting crap that's here say.

(Chester County)

GTO454 you need to be reported for trolling. There is not one word of truth in your report about northern Chester County Sportsmen's Club. The board members and other volunteers that run the club are unequaled in their dedication and professionalism. You are right that there are five remaining board members as the dead wood has fallen from the tree. There's about one percent of the membership that appear to be disgruntled most likely a far better average than other clubs. I would recommend anyone to join NCCSC come and meet the board the other volunteers and see what an awesome club it actually is

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by griz6733 View Post
    I believe you have some bad information about NCCSC. The membership is growing every month and the improvements to the club are great. Rebuilt indoor range record trap attendance. It would be great if you would stop posting lies about something you know nothing about. I'm there almost every week and I can't say enough about all the members and board members that I meet. Please get your facts straight instead of posting crap that's here say.
    GTO454 never said anything about the things you accuse them of lying about.
    We’ve all seen this type of tactic before, mostly from politicians. Attack the messenger instead of addressing the issue.
    You are assuming the information they are posting is hearsay.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParker357 View Post
    GTO454 you need to be reported for trolling. There is not one word of truth in your report about northern Chester County Sportsmen's Club. The board members and other volunteers that run the club are unequaled in their dedication and professionalism. You are right that there are five remaining board members as the dead wood has fallen from the tree. There's about one percent of the membership that appear to be disgruntled most likely a far better average than other clubs. I would recommend anyone to join NCCSC come and meet the board the other volunteers and see what an awesome club it actually is
    Calling the two board members who resigned in disgust at how other board members and trustees/instructors were behaving and the one who was illegitimately suspended “dead wood” shows you have no class.

I have been familiar with all of those board members for quite a few years and those three members donated huge amounts of time and energy into the making the club what it is today.

What percentage of the membership is well informed about what is going on? It seems you would rather they stay uninformed.
    No one said the club is not a great place to shoot.

(Chester County)

Peter,

WOW! Should be reported for trolling? ..…. I was simply making an observation & forming an opinion. Isn’t that what discussion forums are all about? I am a believer in free thought & I am pretty sure we still have a 1st amendment. The fact that you responded so vigorously to my post, tells me I may have hit a nerve (or perhaps the truth). I was joining the discussion, that’s all.

(Chester County)

My post was not vigorous just direct to the point. I think I hit your nerve. As far as truth there was not a single word in your post. It sounds like you are not a member are you? As far as hitting my nerve yes you did for lying or spreading hearsay hurts everyone. Try collecting accurate facts and double check them then check the source and then think about it be fore spreading it on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast