Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Apartment Package Thefts

I am extremely upset and disappointed in the quality of people in this world. I've had two packages stolen from my apartment building in the past two months. Both contained ammo so I'm assuming they were labeled ORM-D "Small arms Cartridges" thus making it more of a target for this parasitic less-than-human.

The first package I thought was a mistake on the part of UPS, I went through the investigation and got refunded. Came home today at 6:30pm after getting an email confirming a delivery at 12:30pm and nothing was in my building or at my door. This time it was FedEx, and I foolishly signed off on the notice that was left on the first delivery attempt releasing them from liability, so now I'm most likely screwed out of $85 or a spam can of 7.62x54R.

I've filed a police report but with no surveillance there's not much that can be done. I feel as though this is more of a concern for the police if a scumbag like this is interested in firearm accessories and ammunition. I work hard and thus I'm not sitting home during business hours able to receive packages, now I have to think twice about ordering anything firearm related online. With a large amount of apartments in the complex, the front office doesn't accept packages.

I put a note on my building's bulletin board letting everyone know there is a thief in the building and if you took it by mistake to return it, if taken intentionally there is a police report and you will be caught and prosecuted (my attempt at a bluff).

On a side note, Hatfield PD is now charging $25 for a local police sign off for your Montgomery County LTCF application.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Apartment Package Thefts

This is why we need to legalize booby traps.

Luckily for me I live close enough to both UPS and FedEx hold for pickup locations. I usually just have all of my deliveries held for pickup, and I have a single family home. When I have several hundred dollars worth of goodies, especially sometimes hard to come by goodies, arriving at my door, I don't want to take the chance they won't be there when I get home.

Plus, I am impatient. If I pick them up, I can have them at 8 am and go shoot them that day. If I wait for delivery, it usually occurs too late to enjoy said package that day.

(Montgomery County)

Yea the closest UPS and fedex main hubs are about an hour away each. The local fedex office location won't hold ammo either.

The thing is that in almost two years there wasn't a problem and now this. I just pray karma catches up with this thief.

If anyone comes across someone selling a primary arms AA red dot and a Russian spam can in my area, please question heavily.

(Montgomery County)

How about baiting him with an empty box made to look like the real thing, then pounce.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I am extremely upset and disappointed in the quality of people in this world. I've had two packages stolen from my apartment building in the past two months. Both contained ammo so I'm assuming they were labeled ORM-D "Small arms Cartridges" thus making it more of a target for this parasitic less-than-human.

The first package I thought was a mistake on the part of UPS, I went through the investigation and got refunded. Came home today at 6:30pm after getting an email confirming a delivery at 12:30pm and nothing was in my building or at my door. This time it was FedEx, and I foolishly signed off on the notice that was left on the first delivery attempt releasing them from liability, so now I'm most likely screwed out of $85 or a spam can of 7.62x54R.

I've filed a police report but with no surveillance there's not much that can be done. I feel as though this is more of a concern for the police if a scumbag like this is interested in firearm accessories and ammunition. I work hard and thus I'm not sitting home during business hours able to receive packages, now I have to think twice about ordering anything firearm related online. With a large amount of apartments in the complex, the front office doesn't accept packages.

I put a note on my building's bulletin board letting everyone know there is a thief in the building and if you took it by mistake to return it, if taken intentionally there is a police report and you will be caught and prosecuted (my attempt at a bluff).

On a side note, Hatfield PD is now charging $25 for a local police sign off for your Montgomery County LTCF application.

If you know the packages are coming FedEx you can get the package delivered to a local FedEx store and pick it up there, I did this a couple of weeks ago. Ups may do the same, I once picked up a package at my ups hub.
    IANAL

(York County)

Definitely sounds like you need to catch the ups or fex ex guy. Have them drop a orm d marked box with a brick or cinderblock in it while you wait and watch. Catch the shitbird and handle it however you see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    This is why we need to legalize booby traps.
    Here is 7 of them

But the OP can try this

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Lancaster County)

It's probably a neighbor.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Wow, I'd be very pissed. I get boxes of ammo, hundreds of dollars at a time, and I would be VERY upset if someone ripped that off.

Maybe think about getting a cheap camera---maybe even a webcam that you can record from. Or, you could think about posting a sign on your doorstep: 'The knob who is stealing my shipment: I'm watching you'. or something like that.

It takes a lot of nerve to take someone else's stuff. It takes EXTRA nerve to steal from someone who you KNOW is armed, since they are buying ammo.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast