Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Post Otter Lake Camp Resort

Just a quick heads up if anyone is going up to Otter Lake. I got this off of their site.

http://otterlake.com/sitemap_rules.htm

Firearms and Fireworks: We do not allow BB guns or any other type of firearm. We do not allow fireworks.
    I'm going up this year with a buddy of mine and figured to check their policy because at the time I am going I'll be able to carry. Just wanted to let others know if anyone was thinking about going there.
    I need a better signature than this...

Default Re: Otter Lake Camp Resort

They really otter allow guns

(Montgomery County)

Most of the camp resorts have the same policy, you just need to dig deeper on the web pages or read the fine print on the brosures.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde1993 View Post
    Just a quick heads up if anyone is going up to Otter Lake. I got this off of their site.

http://otterlake.com/sitemap_rules.htm

I'm going up this year with a buddy of mine and figured to check their policy because at the time I am going I'll be able to carry. Just wanted to let others know if anyone was thinking about going there.
    I only went to Otter Lake once, never again!! They are very strict with the rules, hence why I never returned. BTW, don't get caught riding a bicycle at dusk or after dark, they will chew you out! F-otter lake!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
    I only went to Otter Lake once, never again!! They are very strict with the rules, hence why I never returned. BTW, don't get caught riding a bicycle at dusk or after dark, they will chew you out! F-otter lake!!
    Wow! Sorry you had an issue. I went there for a guys fishing weekend. Rented one of their cabins. Great weekend. they were very friendly and accommodating. They even ran a cord from the office to my boat so I could charge the batteries at night.

I conceal carry for a reason.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Team Dougherty View Post
    Wow! Sorry you had an issue. I went there for a guys fishing weekend. Rented one of their cabins. Great weekend. they were very friendly and accommodating. They even ran a cord from the office to my boat so I could charge the batteries at night.

I conceal carry for a reason.
    Who knows, it might of just been the staff that weekend we were there.

Most of the camp resorts we go to have a firearms policy, I just keep it concealed and/or locked in the 5th wheel when on the property.

Speaking of campgrounds, the old threads on Kenobles Amusment Parks is kinda odd. Kenobles owns two campgrounds, both campgrounds don't allow firearms, but the park has no mention of firearms permitted in the park itself. Alcohol is allowed at the campgrounds, but not in the park.

http://www.knoebels.com/pdf/Web%20Kn...pGrd%20Map.pdf

(Monroe County)

I'm not a camper, the thought of campers and tents only feet apart gives me shivers and other campers coming by my campfire isn't my cup of tea. Maybe wilderness camping would be.
    That being said I've heard really good things about otter. Clean well kept and no crazies running around. Even Pocono locals go there to get away.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
    Who knows, it might of just been the staff that weekend we were there.

Most of the camp resorts we go to have a firearms policy, I just keep it concealed and/or locked in the 5th wheel when on the property.

Speaking of campgrounds, the old threads on Kenobles Amusment Parks is kinda odd. Kenobles owns two campgrounds, both campgrounds don't allow firearms, but the park has no mention of firearms permitted in the park itself. Alcohol is allowed at the campgrounds, but not in the park.

http://www.knoebels.com/pdf/Web%20Kn...pGrd%20Map.pdf
    I go to their Lake Glory Campground every memorial day. I keep it concealed and have never had an issue.

(Bucks County)

I remember when Otter lake was Ivan Swamp. My cabin is nearby.

They get a lot of campers from nearby. non gun friendly, places. They do allow hunters to camp in season; or they did allow them...
    Last edited by wis bang; March 19th, 2014 at 12:43 PM.