Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: s&w sw9ve 9mm

(Mercer County)

Default s&w sw9ve 9mm

I have this pistol and i think i like it alot, not a single failure pretty clean and two 16 round mags. What are your thoughts on this pistol and how much.do you think a used one is worth

Default Re: s&w sw9ve 9mm

Not a fan of the Sigma, but a lot of people like them. Lot of hating on the trigger, and for good reason. I see a them at gun shows for $200 to $250.....and you see one for $300 every now and again. They are not bad, but they aren't an M&P, by any means. IMO, they are a decent gun for the money.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Westmoreland County)

I did a trade on a very good condition 40VE. I traded a Heritage 22 and a brick of ammo for it. So I would say less than $200.00. These deals don’t happen every day.

The gun is very reliable and accurate once you do get use to the long trigger pull. I have shot several different reloads through the gun, cast, plated, and jacketed, The gun fed and fired all reliable.

I have read there is a fix for the trigger pull, It is not a problem for me, I have several better range guns, and I bought this as a carry gun once I had confidence in it.

I am of the opinion if it is reliable and easily cancelable as well as striker fire, why not carry it as opposed to a 500.00 Glock.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Not a fan of the Sigma, but a lot of people like them. Lot of hating on the trigger, and for good reason. I see a them at gun shows for $200 to $250.....and you see one for $300 every now and again. They are not bad, but they aren't an M&P, by any means. IMO, they are a decent gun for the money.
    I've seen them cheaper in this forum's classifieds. I shot a mag through one once. Trigger left a lot to be desired. Used prices approach used Glock/Beretta92/Cz, so I would go those routes. I've also heard good things about the CZ clones, but I have no personal experience. Basically, their reputation is a reliable weapon albeit poor trigger, and I concur.

(Centre County)

Sigma are great gun.
    THey work, and you can afford them.

Im not sure why everyone and their brothers wants 3lb trigger pull in defense gun.
    There are reason why NYPD's side arms have heavy triggers(and they are professionals...ish)

I believe Apex Tactical makes kit that would lighten up the trigger for Sigma's.

But Once you get used to it(I shoot Karh with their super long DA trigger, so Im use to it), then your fine
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    Im not sure why everyone and their brothers wants 3lb trigger pull in defense gun.
    Yea, that's a little light for a bad guy gun. Doing trigger finger exercises for 8 weeks will make a 10 lb trigger feel like a 5 lb one, and you still got your $$$ in your pocket.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Susquehanna County)

Great gun to keep in the drawer. I've seen too many come through the gunsmith to have barrels ordered after firing no more than 5k shots.

I'll stick with my XD, Glock, Sig, and Ruger
    Stay armed my friends.

(Delaware County)

I have the SW40VE which I bought new for $300. The trigger was my only gripe about it. I went ahead and installed the Apex spring kit and polished the cam surface of the sear. I had it out to the range this Saturday and the trigger is good now. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a used SW9VE if I saw one for around $225.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    Sigma are great gun.
    THey work, and you can afford them.

There are reason why NYPD's side arms have heavy triggers(and they are professionals...ish)

I believe Apex Tactical makes kit that would lighten up the trigger for Sigma's.

But Once you get used to it(I shoot Karh with their super long DA trigger, so Im use to it), then your fine
    Not sure who you were directing that statement at, but I didn't say I wanted a 3# trigger, I said Sigmas triggers left a lot to be desired. They're looooong and heavy. The one I shot creaked and twanged before breaking=awful. As for the NYPD comment, LOL! They're cops, not shootists, and certainly NOT professional gunmen. If I was looking for an example of a professional who is proficient in shooting, a cop is the LAST place I would look.
    Anyway, back to topic. Sigmas are ok, but I prefer others. YMMV.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Not sure who you were directing that statement at, but I didn't say I wanted a 3# trigger, I said Sigmas triggers left a lot to be desired. They're looooong and heavy. The one I shot creaked and twanged before breaking=awful. As for the NYPD comment, LOL! They're cops, not shootists, and certainly NOT professional gunmen. If I was looking for an example of a professional who is proficient in shooting, a cop is the LAST place I would look.
    Anyway, back to topic. Sigmas are ok, but I prefer others. YMMV.
    I think it was more of a generalized statement, not a personal attack. People complain about the trigger, that's all. Let's not turn it into another HP thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast