Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Philly PD Officer Brutally Attacks War Vet And Almost Gets Away With It

Sorry if re-post:

http://universalfreepress.com/watch-...-away-with-it/

Since 2009, one Philidelphia police officer that has been investigated by internal affairs over a dozen times, has now found himself suspended after being charged this week with false imprisonment and other counts related to a March 2013 incident caught on film.

Officer Kevin Corcoran, 33, is facing multiple charges from an altercation last spring in downtown Philly in which he handcuffed a local man, hauled him into his SUV and drove him around the city for roughly 16 minutes before releasing him without charge. Thanks to handheld video technology, eyewitnesses were able to record the entire incident.

After turning himself in to the Philadelphia Police Department’s Internal Affairs unit, Corcoran was charged with unlawful restraint, false imprisonment and official oppression — all misdemeanors. This was the result of a year-long investigation by the city’s DA’s office regarding the officer’s handling of an incident between an Iraq War veteran and Corcoran which occurred at around 2 a.m. last March 31.

Source: [ RT ] ::::: Please Follow me on Facebook and Twitter :::::

The incident began when a group of people standing on a city street corner made comments directed to Corcoran regarding his driving. According to the officer, this provoked him to exit his vehicle, approach one of the individuals, and resulted in him unlawfully detaining them. Watch this case caught on tape:

According to the official statement, Corcoran first slapped the cellphone out of the hands of one of the witnesses before approaching the war vet victim, Roderick King, then yelled “Don’t fu**ing touch me” at the man as he inched closer.

“Corcoran continued to walk toward the young man who was backing up with his hands out in front of him making no contact with the officer,” the statement reads. “Corcoran then pushed the young man, grabbed him by the chest, threw him against the side of his police vehicle, handcuffed him and threw him into the back of his vehicle.”

“Corcoran then sped off with the victim in the back seat,” the statement continues.

The altercation brought about a $1 million lawsuit by Roderick King against the city, which initially accused Corcoran of unlawful search and seizure, assault and battery and multiple violations of constitutional rights. After being placed on a lengthy desk duty so an investigation of the incident could take place, Corcoran was ultimately charged with the crimes by the very city he worked for.

This incident with the Iraq war veteran is just one of a series of abuse of power perpetrated on civilians by Corcoran. Of those previous incidences discovered, one of the most extreme of the alleged issues was as stated:

“Previously, Corcoran was sued in US District Court for allegedly entering a home on 1630 S. Taney Street without a warrant in Nov. 2008 and beating up a resident, leaving the man with two broken vertebrae, a broken nose and a broken eye socket,” King’s attorney wrote. One year later, he was again sued in federal court, this time “for the Nov. 2009 beating of a South Philadelphia man who Corcoran and another officer ‘kicked, stomped, beat, punched and otherwise assaulted’ leaving the man with broken bones and requiring stitches.”

Two other civil lawsuits against Corcoran have also been filed since 2009, but were settled for an undisclosed amount a year later before trial. According to the local Fox station in Philly, counsel for King believes the charges brought Wednesday may never have materialized if it was not captured by eyewitnesses. King, a US Air Force veteran, left Pennsylvania following the events of last March, his attorneys said.

http://youtu.be/iVrCYA3Wnuc

Author: AmandaShea

Amanda Shea is a Libertarian journalist who believes in our country, freedoms, and the pursuit if happiness.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Philly PD Officer Brutally Attacks War Vet And Almost Gets Away With It

Corcoran was charged with unlawful restraint, false imprisonment and official oppression — all misdemeanors
    Misdemeanors, right! This pig should spend 10 years in prison in the general population.

Default Re: Philly PD Officer Brutally Attacks War Vet And Almost Gets Away With It

WOW. The pig shoved the guy. That's assault. He kidnapped the guy. I think that's a felony. He definitely has an anger management problem and should lose his job. The fact he had the nerve to do this knowing it was being videoed makes it ever worse.
    "The first time any mans freedom is trodden on we're all damaged."JeanLucPicard

(Northampton County)

What should happen to these cops is the same exact thing that would happen to a Citizen that pulled this shit on them, and it should happen right on the spot in the moment, just the same.

(Indiana County)

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketS...R-0007840-2014

Here's the Philadelphia Municipal Court docket sheet.

(Lawrence County)

Desk duty and a couple misdemeanors after he beat the hell out of several other people and was sued for it. What a fucking joke our injustice system is. People think I'm the fucked up one because I show my kids these videos and tell them to never trust a cop, never talk to a cop, never give a cop permission to come into your house or car and never call a cop unless it is a life or death situation.

(Delaware County)

just one cop? i think self defense would have been accpetable. beat the crap out of him, throw him in the back of the his own car and drive him to his hq. tell the desk officer you made a citizens arrest and have the video for evidence.

(Chester County)

Damn shame...Should've never happened. This douche should've been fired a long time ago!

Anyone else notice the victims name "Roderick King".

The victim is black?

I'm sure as soon as he is a civilian he will get his
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast