Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Regent R200S and R350CR

I got to look at the Regent R200S and the Regent R350CR, today, for the first time. I have seen a couple of the R100's and thought they were darn decent for the money, but the two I looked at, today, were impressive. Not impressive by Ruger or SA standards, but by DW and STI. Fit and finish on both were absolutely as good as any sub $2000 I've seen of late and better than anything out there for a G-note, or less. What separates it from an Operator or semi custom Smith or DW is it lacks checkering. Put a $200 checkering job on a $520 R350CR or the R200 (at around $550) and you have a 1911 that looks like you spent upwards to two grand on it. The finish on the R350CR was one of the most impressive black finishes I've seen on a 1911 at any price. If you're looking for a 1911, don't buy one until you check out the Regent. No, I'm not a rep, they are just that appealing.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Regent R200S and R350CR

I have been talking about these Turk made 1911 for three years now they are bargains. The regent 350 4.25 inch commander has front strap checkering bull barrel-stainless- machining and fit are very tight. They are excellent shooters and a bargain at what they sell for. I am actually building 2 speed shooters out of two Tisas 1911's a match 9mm and a custom 45 acp version right now. The fit and finish is that of a $800 to $1000 pistol. I had a customized CR350 sitting on my work bench and every one who came in picked it up and handled it, the most common remark was is this a Kimber. Needless to say it is no longer on my bench one of my Kimber customers bought it and carries it. I have a custom 5 inch regent stainless in my collect . The only real upgrade that I did to it was a fiber optic front sight and a tactical black rear. It doe not need anything else . I just shoot it a lot.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Default Re: Regent R200S and R350CR

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I have a custom 5 inch regent stainless in my collect . The only real upgrade that I did to it was a fiber optic front sight and a tactical black rear. It doe not need anything else . I just shoot it a lot.
    The R200 I looked at was a highly polished, brushed stainless over matte. It had 0 play in the slide and BB. Looking at the fit from the hammer end, I thought I was looking at a DW. There wasn't a mark on it, which tells me they take great care in the whole process of getting it to the distributor. Now, there are the only Regents I've seen other than the R100, but I doubt it is coincidence that they got two different guns that close to being perfect without excellent quality control. I'd say Ruger, Taurus, Remington, SA, and Colt better take notice. I'd buy the Regent even if it was more than the above mentioned...it's that much better; at under $600 for either one.

No wonder you were enthusiastic about these 1911's.
    Last edited by harold63; March 16th, 2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: changed wording
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.