Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Langhorne Range Shut Down?

Does anyone know why the big range at LR&GC is shut down?
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Langhorne Range Shut Down?

There has been an issue with the 'new' cover over the firing points, and they (LRGC) received an opinion that it is unsafe to occupy the space beneath.

Since the project essentially eliminated the space in front, there is no place to shoot from, and the range has been suspended for 'safety' in compliance with that opinion.

past president, via coms with current admin.

(Bucks County)

If it is one of the outdoor ranges, it is because there have been reports of bullets hitting houses or landing in people's yards.

(Montgomery County)

I guess bad information is better than no information.

Follow them on facebook, or at the very least, contact your club officers to find out information quickly and more accurately than resorting to non club resources.

LONG RANGE UPDATE
    Good greetings fellow LR&GC members! Good news to report: the shooting suspension on the long range is lifted! We have moved several of the shooting benches from out from under the cover and relocated them at the base of the hill. The slight down-side to this is the distance to the 100 yard and the 200 yard berm is a bit reduced, but, we can still safely shoot on the range which is much better than not being able to utilize the long range at all. Also please know that I will continue to fight for information to allow me to become more involved with and more effective in helping to bring a permanent and satisfactory solution to this issue.

A few things please: we are still not able to legally be under the long range cover so please, stay out from under it. Please do not move the benches at the base of the hill from their current location. Please still park in the parking lot and walk to the benches. Please do not drive onto the range; not even to unload your vehicle please. And most important of all, LR&GC is a “muzzle down” club so PLEASE, be very aware of your muzzle position at all times and please, do not raise your muzzle above the target line for any reason. Please keep that muzzle down at all times: when loading, shooting, clearing and during chamber inspection.

It is my pleasure to report this news to you and once again, my cell number is on the back of the newsletter so please, fell free to call me at any time for the latest information, updates and reports. This is the members’ club. If you want to talk to me, please know that I am happy to hear from you and happy to speak with you.
    Thanks much,
    Dave Esposito
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

Yeah it's just Govt. B.S. Northampton didn't get their pound of flesh and now they are going to impress their will on the club.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    Yeah it's just Govt. B.S. Northampton didn't get their pound of flesh and now they are going to impress their will on the club.
    Oh man...I'm really sorry to hear this news. Before I moved here I spent a lot of time at LRGC. I had the pleasure of repairing the BBQ pit, working on the rental house and finishing the installation of the short range warning lights. I REALLY miss the club!

What is the exact issue? I know the guys working on it have the best intentions and from my understanding, are well able to properly construct the cover.

My new "club" is mainly trap....a decent set up but only two fields. The 200yard long range is a picnic table sitting in a field. The backstop is exactly two sheets of plywood wide. This is shared by 100, 50 and 25 yard "benches" Benches being "spots about the prescribed distances...sorta". So if a guy is using the 200 then no other range is available. Unless you're stupid...because we have no range officer to stop anyone from using the 25 while the 200 is in use. Fortunately I have about 75 yards I can use in my backyard. If I cut down a lane in my woods and set up the table in front, about 200 yards.

Here in Wisconsin any public land (with restrictions such as habitated structures) can be used for shooting. And thus far I haven't seen any truely disturbing actions as are legendary on SEPA SGL ranges. Then again with only one stop light for 60 miles we don't get too many of the Philly/Reading gangsta/"special" ops crowd either. We do however get visitors from Chicago who are just astounded by the idea of shooting at will and carry as an option. But they tend to stand there looking for cover.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Oh man...I'm really sorry to hear this news. Before I moved here I spent a lot of time at LRGC. I had the pleasure of repairing the BBQ pit, working on the rental house and finishing the installation of the short range warning lights. I REALLY miss the club!

What is the exact issue? I know the guys working on it have the best intentions and from my understanding, are well able to properly construct the cover.

My new "club" is mainly trap....a decent set up but only two fields. The 200yard long range is a picnic table sitting in a field. The backstop is exactly two sheets of plywood wide. This is shared by 100, 50 and 25 yard "benches" Benches being "spots about the prescribed distances...sorta". So if a guy is using the 200 then no other range is available. Unless you're stupid...because we have no range officer to stop anyone from using the 25 while the 200 is in use. Fortunately I have about 75 yards I can use in my backyard. If I cut down a lane in my woods and set up the table in front, about 200 yards.

Here in Wisconsin any public land (with restrictions such as habitated structures) can be used for shooting. And thus far I haven't seen any truely disturbing actions as are legendary on SEPA SGL ranges. Then again with only one stop light for 60 miles we don't get too many of the Philly/Reading gangsta/"special" ops crowd either. We do however get visitors from Chicago who are just astounded by the idea of shooting at will and carry as an option. But they tend to stand there looking for cover.
    I'm not sure so I don't want to speculate but I know the guys on B&G's are more than capable of safely constructing whatever they put there damn mind to.

I'm not sure so I don't want to speculate but I know the guys on B&G's are more than capable of safely constructing whatever they put there damn mind to.
    Yes, I can apprciate that. If you don't know, don't guess. But without doubt the people building this are more than capable.

I don't miss Northampton government. All they want to do is build,build,build...without regards to infrastructure. I lived in the township for 20 years and saw the expansion. And the lack of roads, water systems, sewer systems......all the while taxes going up. They seem to want a larger tax base rather than long term stability. It won't be much longer before the antique pipes begin to collapse.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tialloydragon View Post
    If it is one of the outdoor ranges, it is because there have been reports of bullets hitting houses or landing in people's yards.
    Thanks for reporting what looks like fact when you actually don't know the answer. That's the way rumors get started & then the resulting problems.
    If you don't know please don't make a comment, & if you feel the need to please note you're just saying it's just a guess on your part & nothing more.
    Thank you
    Jesus is Lord !

(Bucks County)

Yup, that's it, pure & simple. The new range cover is so over built it's not funny. They built this thing to withstand flooding in case we get another storm like Sandy. This thing is anchored really well & it's not going anywhere in a bad flood
    Last edited by steelerfan; March 18th, 2014 at 10:23 AM.
    Jesus is Lord !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast