Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default LCP Holster Options

I am picking up a new LCP this afternoon and I am planning on buying a pocket holster but i was curious what other are using for an IWB option.

I am looking for something with some type of retention so I want to rule out the cheap nylon and universal leather types.

I was seeing the belt clip but I am not too keen on that option unless someone has had some really good experiences with them.

Thanks for your help.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: LCP Holster Options

Little Foxx, excellent $39.00 IWB. Retention is perfect with gun belt.

http://foxxholsters.onlybusiness.com...ls-b-list.aspx
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jettagls00 View Post
    I am picking up a new LCP this afternoon and I am planning on buying a pocket holster but i was curious what other are using for an IWB option.

I am looking for something with some type of retention so I want to rule out the cheap nylon and universal leather types.

I was seeing the belt clip but I am not too keen on that option unless someone has had some really good experiences with them.

Thanks for your help.
    There is a manufacturer that makes a clipless IWB holster, it stays put through friction, but I can't remember who it is. I wouldn't trust it to stay in place without a clip anyway.
    Don't be too concerned about the retention of the firearm with an IWB holster, it kind of happens automatically.
    I don't carry my LCP in my waste band but I do carry either a j frame revolver or a Glock IWB. The Glock is in a Kydex holster, the revolver rides in a leather holster, neither one has any active retention, matter of fact if I were to flip the holster upside down while holding it in my hand the guns would just slide right out, but once I'm wearing them inside my waste I could do flips and summersaults, go for a run or jump from an airplane and I feel confident the guns would stay in place. The shape of your body and the pressure of the belt is the retention.
    It's hard to suggest a holster because it just depends on what is comfortable for you. Some people like the hybrid kydex leather with multiple clips, some people like a smaller holster with just one clip. I like two clips for my Glock because it's so heavy but I use a simple generic leather holster for my J Frame because it's lighter and one clip holsters are easier to get on and off. I would think for a little LCP a single clip minimalistic holster would work well.
    Last edited by ray h; March 14th, 2014 at 10:35 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Remora makes a great holster. I have this one
    https://www.remoraholsterstore.com/Articles.asp?ID=259

Stays in the pocket well, and can be carried IWB with no difficulty. The problem however, it that the LCP is so small that it is hard to get a grip on it when it is in the waist band. It sits so low that gripping it is very hard.

This is probably a problem you will run into with any IWB as it would need to sit low