Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Concealing a P220

I'm trying to work with my P220 for concealed carry. If I don't use a holster the grip is pulled close to my body, and I could carry it. If I use a holster the grip prints badly. The holster I'm using now is just an inexpensive nylon holster. Any suggestions for a holster?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Concealing a P220

Take a look at the Galco King Tuk IWB hybrid holster - reasonably priced and well made.I have no problem concealing a P220 in that holster if I pick the right shirt.

(Allegheny County)

I carried a P220 for several years in an plain-clothes assignment and off-duty. Yes it is a big gun (relatively speaking of course), but it can be concealed with a good holster & belt combo.

I used a Kramer horsehide OWB belt scabbard and Galco 1.5" belt. At that time I was not into IWB carry, so I did not try any IWB holsters with my 220.

The good thing is that nowadays, there are numerous good holster makers out there, to include many good IWB rigs.

Good luck with your choice.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

I carried a P220 for a year or more, in a Milt Sparks VM II. Very comfortable and well concealed.

Printing often times has as much to do with your physical build as it does the holster. However, you definitely need something better than a nylon holster - an $800 gun in a $10 holster makes no sense - like the old Bell Helmet ads (I'm dating myself here), that said: Got a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet.

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

If you're interested in a hybrid and tuckable holster, look into Alien Gear holsters. They are American made and probably the best bang for your buck around $30 per holster. I carry my p229 (an equally large gun) in that holster most every day and I have no issues with printing. It is also important to have a very sturdy belt and to not wear skin tight shirts too.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Cumberland County)

I use nothing but Crossbreed SuperTuk Deluxe (IWB) holsters for CC (and I have a 220). There's no way around it - a full size 220 is going to print. The Crossbreed only limits how much it actually prints. More often than not, it looks like I have a cell phone on my hip. If I wear a button down shirt and tuck it in, if the shirt is bloused enough, it is almost impossible to see unless I bend down just the right way. The belt clips are visible, but anyone who knows what they are is not a person that I worry about. Most people don't even notice them. You would be surprised how many things most people DON'T notice.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Montgomery County)

you might be overing think it. most people arent looking to see if your carrying and probably think its your cell phone case . i owb a p225 and have never been questioned .my wife didnt even know i was carrying last time we were out

(Northampton County)

I've been carrying a Sig 220 daily for over 6 years. I use two different IWB holsters: a Desantis Scorpion or a Crossbreed Supertuck. Both are comfortable and secure. As others have said, most aren't looking to see if you are carrying.

Smit

(Lancaster County)

I can tolerate iwb but it is never as comfortable as owb. I have a Mitch Rosen 5jr which is a great rig for holding the butt of the gun tight against the body. It's not the cheapest but worth every penny in my opinion. I feel I can carry my 220 or 226 in it with less printing than a Glock 27 in a Galco.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Mercer County)

Buy a holster that allows for a lot of cant. The further forward and the closer you can bring the butt of the gun to your centerline the better it will conceal. I recommend a crossbreed.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast