Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default .357 Brass Available

Brass for reloading .357 magnum has been hard to find for a few months, and most places I checked weren't even accepting backorders. Some of us were reduced to the indignity of purchasing factory ammo in bulk in order to get a supply of brass.

About a month ago Midway began to accept backorders for Starline brass, and today I got delivery. Nice stuff!

I read elsewhere (maybe it was S&W forum) that Starline is cranking up production. In any event, you can put a backorder in at Midway if you need it.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: .357 Brass Available

Why not order direct from Starline? Their prices include shipping and 500 cases is just about right to start with. Dave_ n

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_n View Post
    Why not order direct from Starline? Their prices include shipping and 500 cases is just about right to start with. Dave_ n
    Maybe because Starline has "Status: NOT AVAILABLE/NO BACKORDERS due to extreme demand. Check site later for availability" on the webpage.
    “When a man cannot chose, he ceases to be a man.”

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrdy View Post
    Maybe because Starline has "Status: NOT AVAILABLE/NO BACKORDERS due to extreme demand. Check site later for availability" on the webpage.
    Yes, this^^.

It was baffling that Starline was not accepting backorders while vendors like Midway were.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by frankski View Post
    Yes, this^^.

It was baffling that Starline was not accepting backorders while vendors like Midway were.
    I think it's the commitment to the larger suppliers. Besides it's easier to ship 10,000 units to one dealer then the same 10,000 to 20 different users @ 500 per.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrdy View Post
    I think it's the commitment to the larger suppliers. Besides it's easier to ship 10,000 units to one dealer then the same 10,000 to 20 different users @ 500 per.
    That's true, but they lose the markup. A business has to decide whether it is a manufacturer or a distributor, and Starline is straddling the line.

Anyway, I ordered another 1,000 yesterday. After being through a component drought, you can't have too many. Besides, it's not like they will go bad like bananas.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by frankski View Post
    That's true, but they lose the markup. A business has to decide whether it is a manufacturer or a distributor, and Starline is straddling the line.

Anyway, I ordered another 1,000 yesterday. After being through a component drought, you can't have too many. Besides, it's not like they will go bad like bananas.
    When I was shopping for 32/20 brass, it was actually cheaper to buy through Midway then it was through Starline. I'm sure Starline has it figured out.