Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Vandergrift Sportsmen’s club

I recently joined the VSC. I stopped in Friday and put some rounds down range through a couple of my old Mil-surplus Rifles.

The club is very nice for the price of membership, very cheap $45.00 to join and then $35.00 per year. I talked with a couple Members at the club, those I spoke with were very low key and friendly.

The club is not Semi-Auto rifle friendly, From talking to the President and a couple members, This is one of those rules enacted because of neighborhood complaints and abuse by someone with little experience with Semi-auto rifles.

Being new I can not give a total review of the club, other than the no Semi-rifle rule. The 50, 100, and 200, yard rifle range is nice, they also have a nice pistol range with steel Animal gallery and gong targets.

They also have an Archery range as well as a walk through and simulated tree stand position for archery, I did not tour the Archery range as I do not shoot a Bow.

I plan on stopping back in today and try my hand at the steel target pistol range. I joined the club for the 200-yard Rifle Range but may be spending more of my free time there.

Also the president told me that a member can bring a guest to the club, The member is responsible for the guest actions, but unlike other clubs I have belonged to, you can bring a guest as many times as you like, no sign in for guest.
    Last edited by hornady; March 10th, 2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: text added