Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default LEO Encounter Falls Twp. A Happy Tale

Today I was out front of my apartment putting my toolbox back in my truck and a Falls Twp. officer drove by, quickly turned around, and pulled up in front of my truck...I took a deep breath expecting there to be an issue. All he said is "hey man, you hanging out." My sweatshirt had come up and the bottom of my holster was showing, I said thanks, and he just mentioned that they would get a bunch of calls and he didn't want to have to explain the law to the other residents of my complex.

I CC wherever I go except work (policy, and I like having a job) and the states that don't recognize the 2A. There was no questions asked and we actually had a decent conversation after that.

With all the videos out there on youtube and live leak we forget that many LEO's understand that we are law abiding citizens and respect their oath. So thanks to the officers out there that respect and support law abiding gun owners.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: LEO Encounter Falls Twp. A Happy Tale

What if you chose to OC?

How disruptive for a law enforcement officer to have to explain the law the people. The 911 dispatcher could help too

I never had any issues with Falls PD, from my experiences they're pretty cool and have there hands full with keeping Trenton, Morrisville, and Bristol out of the Twp.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Bucks County)

and Bristol out of the Twp.
    Hey! I hope you mean Bristol Burro !

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Hey! I hope you mean Bristol Burro !
    Sorry Bro, I lived in Plumbridge for a bit and dated a few girls from Indian Creek, I meant Twp too.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: LEO Encounter Falls Twp. A Happy Tale

Quote Originally Posted by jggassert View Post
    Today I was out front of my apartment putting my toolbox back in my truck and a Falls Twp. officer drove by, quickly turned around, and pulled up in front of my truck...I took a deep breath expecting there to be an issue. All he said is "hey man, you hanging out." My sweatshirt had come up and the bottom of my holster was showing, I said thanks, and he just mentioned that they would get a bunch of calls and he didn't want to have to explain the law to the other residents of my complex.

I CC wherever I go except work (policy, and I like having a job) and the states that don't recognize the 2A. There was no questions asked and we actually had a decent conversation after that.

With all the videos out there on youtube and live leak we forget that many LEO's understand that we are law abiding citizens and respect their oath. So thanks to the officers out there that respect and support law abiding gun owners.
    This is really good to hear! I am a resident of Falls Twp. also and have been CC in the township since 1995. I have never had any negative LEO interface because I generally CC. Interesting enough, I have been attending the board of supervisors meeting lately and worked w/3 of the board members to finally change some local (very old) ordinances that violated UFA. They are understanding (the laws) and not as anti-2A liberal as the other 2 board members.

I am attempting to work w/the board and the police department to educate them on open carry in the township. I have OC several times of the last few weeks (Home Depot, Dicks, Barnes & Noble, Levittown Center & WallyWorld and in/around Morrisville Borough). I have had a few looks, but no anti-2A comments or police encounters. I hope to attend the Falls Citizens Police Academy coming up and there is a "Coffee w/a Cop" scheduled on April 3rd - location TBD (I will post the date when I get it). It willl be a good opportunity to meet the police dept leadership and discuss 2A issues - especially open carry.

Hope you all can attend!

SGM
    Last edited by sgmwatkins; March 17th, 2014 at 02:00 PM.

(York County)

Sounds like you had a great encounter jggassert - thanks for sharing.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

Sounded good to me.

(Bucks County)

Exclamation Re: LEO Encounter Falls Twp. A Happy Tale

Quote Originally Posted by jggassert View Post

By any chance did you get the officer's name???