Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default AK47 Gunsmith Allegheny county

Hello folks, looking for someone who can replace the 4 rear trunnion pins in my semi-auto AK47 (stamped), also the rear trigger guard pin. I found out the hard way on why not to use a bumpstock! Anthony Arms told me to call someone because they can't do it and the guy whom they told me to call also can not do it. Can't understand how they can call themselves gunsmiths if they can't perform the repair I need. Any help would very much appreciated.

Default Re: AK47 Gunsmith Allegheny county

Id like to see pics, btw they are rivets not pins. what kind of ak and bumpstock? most gunsmiths dont have the tools to set the ak rivets and thats why they dont work on them.

(Allegheny County)

AK work especially in receivers is not like most guns. It takes rivets and presses and jig for it make your "pin". This is simply not something most gunsmiths do. As you can see from your your post most don't want to deal with it and prob do not want to work in it anyway. And because we don't want to or can't does mean where not gunsmiths lol. I would look up rifle dynamics and give them a call if you can't find one local. Who did they have you call ?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Batchelor412 View Post
    Hello folks, looking for someone who can replace the 4 rear trunnion pins in my semi-auto AK47 (stamped), also the rear trigger guard pin. I found out the hard way on why not to use a bumpstock! Anthony Arms told me to call someone because they can't do it and the guy whom they told me to call also can not do it. Can't understand how they can call themselves gunsmiths if they can't perform the repair I need. Any help would very much appreciated.
    You should be thankful for the honesty of these gunsmiths that didn't accept your work. No gunsmith understands or has the capability to work on every gun ever made. You should be greatful some self professed expert didn't take your work and botch up your gun.

There probably isn't a big demand or money to be made in the AK gunsmith market.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

I do not have any pictures loaded on the laptop currently, It is an Inter Ordinance AK47c, I used a Slidefire bumpstock. Didn't mean to sound like a jackass about gunsmiths. I didn't think it would be this difficult to find someone to do the repair. They had me call "Josh" located on Lebanon Church Rd. He said to call Veronesi Gunsmith in Seminole county. I figured one could grind the rivet heads down and drill them out Or grind the heads down and replace the trunnion.

(Allegheny County)

So I called Tim at security & military depot, I seen his name and number on a thread, He referred me to Greg S. He is located in Indiana about 70 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. After speaking with him he seems to know his stuff with AK's. I explained my issue and he said it would be no problem. Tim did say he is a highly rated gunsmith and has the equipment necessary for work on AK platform. I plan on meeting with him next weekend. I let you all know how it goes and see if he's ok with his number being put on a Forum.

(Blair County)

If he's the guy that Tim's used to assemble his AK kits for his shop then the work is up to quality.

I've personally shot more than a couple.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Allegheny County)

Hi there! I'm the "Josh" in question... As was stated above, no gunsmith shop I have ever heard of is equipped or willing to do everything. In my case I specialize in auto pistols with emphasis on the Beretta 90 series (I'm their factory recommended custom shop) and seldom take any rifle work other than some AR related stuff. It's not that I can't do the work, I just choose not to.

Simply put, as a gunsmith, you can't make money if you work on everything that comes in the door. Between tooling costs and the time it takes to set up for each job it's just not worth it to take everything that comes in. Besides, guys who specialize more often than not send out much higher quality work than those who try to be the jack of all trades.