Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default AK47's are at fault again.

Happened in the town next to mine yesterday. As much as I'd like us to regionalize with these guys........they get way too many calls like this for my liking!

Deadly Shooting Ruled Homicide

Posted: May 29, 2008 11:27 PM EDT

Last Updated: May 30, 2008 06:00 PM EDT

Emergency crews bring a body out of the woods near Kirby Park Thursday night.

By Sarah Buynovsky

Police in Luzerne County have released the name of a man wanted in connection with a deadly shooting.

Investigators are now searching for Gregory Fann, 20, of the Wilkes-Barre area. They believe he was involved in the shooting death of Aaron Witko, 19, of Tunkhannock.

"We believe it was over the sale of a firearm and the victim was going to be selling the firearm to the defendant and there was a breakdown in communication or whatever and it was a rifle wasn't it? An ak47. Assault rifle," said Luzerne County District Attorney Jackie Musto Carroll.

Police continued to search the area Friday morning near the Black Diamond Bridge in Edwardsville using a police dog.

Witko's body was found Thursday night near the bridge. Police said he was shot through the head

People who walk or ride near the crime scene said they can't get over what happened here.

"It's like you can't believe it. You can't go anywhere these days without, you know, hearing about a shooting anymore. Fifteen, 20 years ago it was never like this. Now it's scary to take a bike ride through the trails, you know," said Michael McGree of Edwardsville.

Anyone with information about Fann's whereabouts or the deadly shooting is asked to call state police at 570-697-2000.

(York County)

Default Re: AK47's are at fault again.

Looks like 2 guys got into an argument and one of them got shot. Don't see where the article says its the AK's fault. The fact that it was an Ak was kinda glossed over in my opinion.

Dave
    3%

Damned guns. Them things are dangerous. Why, just this evening I caught one of mine trying to sneak out and had to wrestle thing back into the gun cabinet
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    Happened in the town next to mine yesterday. As much as I'd like us to regionalize with these guys........they get way too many calls like this for my liking!

Deadly Shooting Ruled Homicide

Posted: May 29, 2008 11:27 PM EDT

Last Updated: May 30, 2008 06:00 PM EDT

Emergency crews bring a body out of the woods near Kirby Park Thursday night.

By Sarah Buynovsky

Police in Luzerne County have released the name of a man wanted in connection with a deadly shooting.

Investigators are now searching for Gregory Fann, 20, of the Wilkes-Barre area. They believe he was involved in the shooting death of Aaron Witko, 19, of Tunkhannock.

"We believe it was over the sale of a firearm and the victim was going to be selling the firearm to the defendant and there was a breakdown in communication or whatever and it was a rifle wasn't it? An ak47. Assault rifle," said Luzerne County District Attorney Jackie Musto Carroll.

Police continued to search the area Friday morning near the Black Diamond Bridge in Edwardsville using a police dog.

Witko's body was found Thursday night near the bridge. Police said he was shot through the head

People who walk or ride near the crime scene said they can't get over what happened here.

"It's like you can't believe it. You can't go anywhere these days without, you know, hearing about a shooting anymore. Fifteen, 20 years ago it was never like this. Now it's scary to take a bike ride through the trails, you know," said Michael McGree of Edwardsville.

Anyone with information about Fann's whereabouts or the deadly shooting is asked to call state police at 570-697-2000.
    Saw the report on WNEP last night, and here it is 7:35 0n saturday morning and they are reporting it exactly as you have reported. I have to grit my teeth everytime a news report says [ assault rifle ] My AK must be defective, in the years I have had it, it has yet to jump out of my gun cabinet and assault anybody. Talk about slanted news reports, we see them everyday and it gets really old.

(Northumberland County)

yeah, well... 15 to 20 years ago there was no internet.... satellite communications were not as they are now.

Hate to tell everyone, but the level of violence in our country has not changed much in the last 15 to 20 years, just the attention the media gives it has.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikepro8 View Post
    yeah, well... 15 to 20 years ago there was no internet.... satellite communications were not as they are now.

Hate to tell everyone, but the level of violence in our country has not changed much in the last 15 to 20 years, just the attention the media gives it has.
    Good point. +4.
    3%

(Montgomery County)

I saw the same thing on the Assault News. The Assault Reporter saying the same thing.

(Butler County)

Was the guy actually shot with the AK, or was he shot in a sale over the AK?

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jud4420 View Post
    Was the guy actually shot with the AK, or was he shot in a sale over the AK?
    I believe he was shot over the sale of an AK,what they said.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikepro8 View Post

I believe you are right to a certain extent, I think the percentage of violience has probebly went down some,but as you said it gets reported faster and in more depth, But factoring the rise in populationit seems like more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast