Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default 940 Guns, Pocono Lake / Blakeslee

I stopped in to check out the relatively new shop late last summer. After a little small talk, I told the proprietor that he was the first proprietor behind a counter that I had seen in a while without an FN fiveseven on his side. Instead he had a compact Glock. It's his choice, it was really just more small talk on my part. He proceeded to remove the Glock from its holster on his right hip and in no safe fashion point it towards the door, crossing directly past me in doing so, and said that he has enough rounds in that to get him to the rack of weapons on the wall, which he backed up to and where he picked up an AR without any shoulder stock on it. He then waved that thing around, again crossing my direction unsafely while he gestured how he could handle his own with that weapon. Then he yucked it up about his previous law enforcement experience and how that, with the weapons he just unsafely waved around in front of me, were plenty to keep his shop safe.

Maybe he didn't like me mentioning his personal security measures and wanted to intimidate me. I don't really care, I don't like having (presumably) loaded weapons waved around towards me. I wasn't about to make an issue out of it, I just made my way out of there and haven't referred sales to him.

I returned once reluctantly to do a transfer with some seniors to avoid them having to drive so far, but I won't be back.

Good luck if you shop there, and be cautious.
    Last edited by yard; March 8th, 2014 at 10:58 AM. Reason: forgot to add location of shop, grammar

(Carbon County)

Default Re: 940 Guns, Pocono Lake / Blakeslee

I was in there a couple days ago, there was 3 people in there besides the 2 working there it was cramped as hell no where to move around. The place smelled like a burning down cigarette factory. The owner (I assume he was) took more interest in trying to sell the 3 other guys in there raffle tickets then to ask me of I needed anything. Prices looked higher than Dunks. I will not be going back.

Thumbs down Re: 940 Guns, Pocono Lake / Blakeslee

I posted before about this shop,1 no show for a transfer,2nd more interested in talking about N Y where he comes from,3 So much smoke,highest prices,and crappy selection,and no personality,Place reminded me of Weavers and that guys demeanor also.Never give this place another shot to do business !

(Luzerne County)

Unhappy Re: 940 Guns, Pocono Lake / Blakeslee

I talked to the guy at the gunshop. I told him the things you said about him in the internet. He said he was going to investigate and contact his lawyer(who is his wife I think) and he was going to file a law suit against you and any other negative commenters. Just wanted to give you the heads up.

(Chester County)

Haha, I'm sure he will be very successful.

(Carbon County)

Maybe he should have his "lawyer" investigate so he can see what a bad rep he has. His shop looks like my closet. I actually laughed when I read the comment about the place smelling like a burnt cigarette factory because my wife said the same thing. I was in there today trying to sell two rifles. I noticed on his website he claims to have prices that cannot be beat, so I decided to see what he'd offer since I live a few miles away. I left after he insulted me by offering a quarter of what I paid for them new, which was well under MSRP. They are barely used and in excellent shape. He asks stupid questions and looks at what you bring in under a big magnifying glass. I think he only took my AR apart to show that he knows how to do it.

I went to a gun shop outside of Hazleton and got paid double what he offered me.

I let his stupid offers bother me all day so I just left a comment of his shop's Facebook saying something to the effect of him being cheap and trying to take advantage of locals by treating us like we're all from the city. He quickly deleted my comment after he replied by telling me I'm stupid and live in a dream world so I can't pay my bills. Very professional...stay away from this crappy shop.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine 0341 View Post
    I talked to the guy at the gunshop. I told him the things you said about him in the internet. He said he was going to investigate and contact his lawyer(who is his wife I think) and he was going to file a law suit against you and any other negative commenters. Just wanted to give you the heads up.
    Why is a mortarman throwing grenades?

(Lehigh County)

Well tell him he will need a lawyer if its true that people smoke at the shop, Pennsylvania has laws prohibiting such conduct.
    IANAL

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by yard View Post
    I stopped in to check out the relatively new shop late last summer. After a little small talk, I told the proprietor that he was the first proprietor behind a counter that I had seen in a while without an FN fiveseven on his side. Instead he had a compact Glock. It's his choice, it was really just more small talk on my part. He proceeded to remove the Glock from its holster on his right hip and in no safe fashion point it towards the door, crossing directly past me in doing so, and said that he has enough rounds in that to get him to the rack of weapons on the wall, which he backed up to and where he picked up an AR without any shoulder stock on it. He then waved that thing around, again crossing my direction unsafely while he gestured how he could handle his own with that weapon. Then he yucked it up about his previous law enforcement experience and how that, with the weapons he just unsafely waved around in front of me, were plenty to keep his shop safe.

Maybe he didn't like me mentioning his personal security measures and wanted to intimidate me. I don't really care, I don't like having (presumably) loaded weapons waved around towards me. I wasn't about to make an issue out of it, I just made my way out of there and haven't referred sales to him.

I returned once reluctantly to do a transfer with some seniors to avoid them having to drive so far, but I won't be back.

Good luck if you shop there, and be cautious.

WOW!! He swept you twice with two separate loaded firearms???!!! What a JV stunt to pull. My 10 year old daughter knows better than that and she doesn't even have any law enforcement experience.

I was avoiding this place based on what I posted here http://forum.pafoa.org/monroe-49/236...-gun-shop.html , but this is a totally different beast and is completely unacceptable.

If you need to do a local transfer, but don't want to travel far, give Blakeslee Sport Shop just south of SR 940 on SR115 a call. I've never done a transfer there, but I know Bernie sells longarms. She may be able to help you out. If not, you may have to travel a bit, but nothing over about 15 miles.

If you're from the city, 15 miles may seem like a long distance. After you live here a while though, you soon realize that everything in the area is exactly a half hour away from everything else. Just comes with the territory.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Carbon County)

Either you are the owner of the shop or a friend of the owner. All these negative reviews of others that have been there and here you are with only 2 posts both defending this shop... Smells like something to me...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast