Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Greetings Lehigh Valley...

Quote Originally Posted by afdcomposer View Post
    ...because as we all know, the only dishonest people out there are lawyers and car salesmen. Naturally lying, cheating, and stealing never occur in any other industry or line of work. [/sarcasm]

Of course you realize that you contradicted yourself by saying that you got a great deal at CarSense, which is, after all, a car dealership.

Glad to have another Poofer in the area. I think it's about time we have another Allentown meet-n-greet lunch.

Last time was at Sunrise Diner, which was quite a long time ago.

I work just down the street from you.

-afd
    I re-read what I posted and never did I say they were the only dishonest ppl out there. CarDenas deals in cars, nur they got me a car loan with 5.78%, far below any others. I got great price on the car too. I didn't "contradict" myself at all. Try reading a bit more thoroughly before leaving snarky comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    I re-read what I posted and never did I say they were the only dishonest ppl out there. CarDenas deals in cars, nur they got me a car loan with 5.78%, far below any others. I got great price on the car too. I didn't "contradict" myself at all. Try reading a bit more thoroughly before leaving snarky comments.
    Meh.

So who's in for a lunch sometime in the next couple weeks? We had a nice time last time I got a bunch of people together.

Emmaus/Allentown area, anyone?

For the month of April, we have a few rebates going on.

$1,500.00 for Outlander, Outlander Sports, and Lancer.

If you currently own a Mitsubishi, Saturn, or Suzuki...you will earn an additional $500 for loyalty.

$1,000.00 for Mirage.

Loyalty on Mirage will be additional $250.00.

If you are currently active military/reserves, you qualify for a $500.00 military rebate.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Car dealerships are inline with lawyers.... slimey, greasy, lying, cheats who use the system to steal. .
    I call bullshit on that.... they have the same number of slimy, greasy, lying, cheats in the auto industry as you have in your line of work. Are you a slimy, greasy, lying, cheat?

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

Aubie515, wanted to wish you good luck with the new gig. A very good friend of mine has been in different sales fields for many years. He relocated to GA and after a while got a job with a Ford dealership. He was really excited about the job and the product. I think he ended up lasting about 5 or 6 months, because he couldn't deal with the official sales "techniques" that were forced on him. He's a really honest and upfront guy and was being ordered to say things he knew weren't true, were misleading and pretty sleazy. The place he worked with is very close to a huge military base and he couldn't bring himself to take advantage of the many young soldiers that were coming in (in his opinion of things). I hope you don't have to make a choice between a job and being able to look at yourself in the mirror. I realize there are low lifes in every field, not particular to the auto biz (get me going on hospitals sometime).

Again, best of luck and hope your place is fair to everyone.

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Not everyone that works in sales is out to lie to their customers.

I've been a member on this forum long before the forum ever hit 1,000 members and I'll be here when the site hits over 100,000. My point is I've been here long enough that people who have bought something from me know that I'm not going to cheat them.

To the poster that said that car salesman and attorneys are slim is a big generalization. Now, I understand what the poster was saying because the car dealership industry doesn't have the best reputation. To put me in the same category is insulting.

I've never had to lie or cheat someone in my life. Look at my feedback link below to see that I'm not the type of person to lie to make a buck. I believe in full disclosure regardless of if I'm selling you my firearm or a vehicle.

Overall, I feel that the auto industry has a bad stigma and for the most part it's well deserved.

The good thing for the consumer these days is the internet. Consumers can find out the cost of new vehicles, so there isn't a "did I pay too much?" as it was in the past.

I know my Sales Manager doesn't play games. He will show customers the invoice. The profit margin is so small on new cars it's not even funny. I'm sure most people think that sales people are making hundreds/thousands on a new car sale. I can tell you that it's just not the case with a new vehicle.
    The commission on a new car is very small which is why it's referred to as a mini.

Now, used cars is a different story. One can make a lot more profit on a used vehicle. I personally would never feel comfortable selling a vehicle I know has defects. I am one to fully disclose any issues. You would be surprised how many customers still buy the vehicle even though they are aware of the issues with the vehicle.

At the end of the day, I've always wanted to try auto sales, so I figured I would give it a try. I like selling cars and I like the people I work with, so I'm going to try my best.

I've sold plenty of items on this forum along with others over the years. I've never felt the need to lie to someone selling my personal items, so I'd never lie to sell a car.

People buy cars all the time, so I figured why not offer my services to communities where I've been a member for years. I'm also telling my family and friends as well. My issue is none of my family lives in the Lehigh Valley. I know my one sister is constantly buying vehicles and I've told her about my new position. I said that even if she doesn't buy a vehicle from me (her family is a honda/toyota family) I would help her get the best deal.

I would love to earn the business of members on this and other forums I belong to, but not at the expense of my reputation. If you ever bought anything from me or even PM'd me for a question. You would know that I'm not one to BS and I'll bend over backwards to make sure that the customer is happy with purchase.

5/05/14

Prepper special. All of these vehicles are AWD or 4x4.

2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek, this car only has 2340 miles on it. It's a hybrid with AWD. I actually took this car home for the weekend to let my wife drive it. It is fast compared to our Prius.

$26,000...this is a $31,000 vehicle. It's got NAV and a back up camera.

1997 Jeep Wrangler 137,504 miles for $4998

2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 95,142 for $18,494.

2005 Honda Element with 222,688 miles AWD $4999.

2011 Subaru Forester with 18,670 miles for $19,999. I took this in on a trade from a WWII veteran. This car is very clean and was taken care of by previous owner.

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlinited Sahara edition with 70,779 miles for $22,998. It is OD green...I thought I took a picture of it, but I must not have...if interested in it, let me know and I'll get you some pictures.

(Lehigh County)

(Lehigh County)

Now that your advertising cars, this should be moved to commercial for sale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12