Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: )_-=[|'/.,@#%^

Default )_-=[|'/.,@#%^

,!%&)+=-;'///
    Last edited by urbanmerc; March 16th, 2014 at 03:11 PM.

Default Re: cerakte finishing

Where are you located?

!@#$%^&*(){p4098
    Last edited by urbanmerc; March 16th, 2014 at 03:07 PM.

Yes, sir I did. I was wondering if since you were getting your FFL to do work that perhaps you would also have a "shop". I was looking for a specific location. I am in Erie county but find myself in Crawford quite a bit. Not to be a jerk, but don't bother answering because I won't ever be stopping. I will be sure to pass this along to the large circle of firearm professionals and enthusiasts that I associate with. Good luck in your endeavor.
    Jules

(Berks County)

I'll take that free one, you can just stick it up your...... Oh never mind.

Trolling my post cause ur buddy has thin skin isent gonna yeald any results. If u don't like what I said don't follow the thread. I'm trying to offer a service to the community not get into a bitch fest with the locals. Ya feel me bra

(Berks County)

You are gonna be ritch! Keep on keeping on bra. Here's a hint open the window and turn on a fan, your f'ed up. Paint fumes are bad for you. You trashed a guy who might have given you business. In the process you made yourself look terrible. No body is going to trust you with their stuff now. And come on you are calling me a troll. Laugh my ass off.

(Allegheny County)

I had started to post something TWICE now and decided it would be pointless, so I deleted it and moved on.

I'm back.

urbanmerc,

As a small business owner myself, I can't stress enough the importance of presenting yourself in a professional manner any time you discuss your business. So far this thread is doing nothing good for you whatsoever. None of which is the fault of anyone else but you.

My hunch is that you won't take constructive criticism well, but here's a few things I've noticed:

There is a typo in the thread title. It's kind of a big deal considering there are only two words and the typo is the name of the product you plan to offer. (you can correct it by clicking "edit" and then "advanced edit" if you choose to do so)

Your OP reads like it's a text message posted from between drinks at a bar. No capital letters and a bizarre use of spaces before punctuation.
    If you don't take your business seriously enough to present it in a professional manner, nobody else will take it seriously either. That isn't a "dig" - it's a fact.
    Perhaps you aren't the right person to "promote" your business? Not everyone has the knack for doing so, but those who realize they aren't great with that sort of thing know that there are other options like enlisting the help of someone who IS good at it.

After all, it's your business we're talking about here - if you were selling one item in the classifieds it wouldn't make a difference if you posted a great classified complete with photos, and detailed descriptions, or just posted "got this gun i dnt need. shootsgood -$200". If it sells it sells, if it doesn't you didn't get the money you were after - not the end of the world.
    A BUSINESS though, relies on actually making money on a regular basis and presentation makes a HUGE difference.

You've acted confrontational, and completely unprofessional in your replies thus far.

If this is a hobby, fine - call people names, insult them, and use words like "Bra". No big deal. You can sell your services to like minded friends, or trade for beer, and ammo, but if you are serious about making any money, I can assure you that this thread, and the manner in which you are presenting yourself is highly detrimental to your success.

The damage done here is not permanent, but it's sort of a big deal that needs to be addressed by you to prevent things from going from bad to worse. Only you can decide what course you wish to take, but as I mentioned, your potential clients will not take you seriously if you don't rethink the way you present your business.

Being a small business owner is a lot of work - I know. I hope that you can succeed in the end - I really do. You have the power to make it happen and I hope I didn't waste my time typing all of this for a third time.
    At least I didn't delete it this time.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I had started to post something TWICE now and decided it would be pointless, so I deleted it and moved on.

I'm back.

urbanmerc,

As a small business owner myself, I can't stress enough the importance of presenting yourself in a professional manner any time you discuss your business. So far this thread is doing nothing good for you whatsoever. None of which is the fault of anyone else but you.

My hunch is that you won't take constructive criticism well, but here's a few things I've noticed:

There is a typo in the thread title. It's kind of a big deal considering there are only two words and the typo is the name of the product you plan to offer. (you can correct it by clicking "edit" and then "advanced edit" if you choose to do so)

Your OP reads like it's a text message posted from between drinks at a bar. No capital letters and a bizarre use of spaces before punctuation.
    If you don't take your business seriously enough to present it in a professional manner, nobody else will take it seriously either. That isn't a "dig" - it's a fact.
    Perhaps you aren't the right person to "promote" your business? Not everyone has the knack for doing so, but those who realize they aren't great with that sort of thing know that there are other options like enlisting the help of someone who IS good at it.

After all, it's your business we're talking about here - if you were selling one item in the classifieds it wouldn't make a difference if you posted a great classified complete with photos, and detailed descriptions, or just posted "got this gun i dnt need. shootsgood -$200". If it sells it sells, if it doesn't you didn't get the money you were after - not the end of the world.
    A BUSINESS though, relies on actually making money on a regular basis and presentation makes a HUGE difference.

You've acted confrontational, and completely unprofessional in your replies thus far.

If this is a hobby, fine - call people names, insult them, and use words like "Bra". No big deal. You can sell your services to like minded friends, or trade for beer, and ammo, but if you are serious about making any money, I can assure you that this thread, and the manner in which you are presenting yourself is highly detrimental to your success.

The damage done here is not permanent, but it's sort of a big deal that needs to be addressed by you to prevent things from going from bad to worse. Only you can decide what course you wish to take, but as I mentioned, your potential clients will not take you seriously if you don't rethink the way you present your business.

Being a small business owner is a lot of work - I know. I hope that you can succeed in the end - I really do. You have the power to make it happen and I hope I didn't waste my time typing all of this for a third time.
    At least I didn't delete it this time.
    Great post, tried to rep you but still too soon. I fear you've wasted a lot time and thought. His posts indicate of level of doucheness that isn't overcome by some sound advice. It's going to take years and many failings before he figures out he's the problem and not the world around him.

Wait, he's 40 and talking like a 20 something? I fear there aren't enough years left for him to figure things out.
    Last edited by unclejumbo; March 13th, 2014 at 10:13 PM. Reason: OP is 40?
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Centre County)

Based on the OPs responses and communication abilities I would never give them any business, nor recommend the business to others. Just goes to show with age does not always come maturity.
    Stupid kills. (But not often enough to make a real improvement.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast