Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Glock 27 to Glock 23

Is it worth trading? I do like the 27 I have, but I've gotten the itch to buy a Gen4 as all my glocks are gen 3's. I have also never had a compact model, after handling one and seeing how comfortable it is I really like it. It should be almost as easy to conceal, but much easier to hold on to. What would you do?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Glock 27 to Glock 23

Sub-compacts don't fit me very well. I wouldn't slight anyone who prefers them, but I lean towards guns I will shoot. As for the gen4, I have no experience with them. I own a gen3 Glock 23 and yesterday traded for a gen2 Glock23. They fit my needs and I consider the G23 the perfect Glock having shot many diff models and owning G17's, G21's.

(Montgomery County)

Get yourself a G23 magazine (after all, if you buy a 23, you'll probably want extras anyways) and try one of these grip adapters:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/171...-polymer-black

or:

http://www.glockmeister.com/AG-Grip-...nfo/AGEXT1923/

Makes the 27 have the same size handle as the 23. Aside from sight radius, it would be similar to previewing a 23. If you like it, get a 23. If you find it no harder to conceal, get a 23. The handle is what most often affects concealment, so that would be a true test.

For what it's worth, I bought a 22 first, and was more than happy to CC it, but decided to get a 23 also so I can dedicate one to "home" with an extended mag, and one for carry. The 27 didn't really feel right in the grip. I was, however, comfortable with the extended mags on it which again make it a 23 in size, so I bought the 23.
    Last edited by bluetrane2028; March 7th, 2014 at 09:50 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Sub-compacts don't fit me very well. I wouldn't slight anyone who prefers them, but I lean towards guns I will shoot.
    ^this is my opinion too. The subcompacts are too big to comfortably pocket or ankle carry, so you'll probably be carrying it on your hip. If you're going to carry on your hip, you might as well get the compact size which is just as easy to conceal and a lot more comfortable to shoot.

The only gen 4 I shot was the G17 and shooting it was a very pleasurable experience. The three biggest things I like about the gen 4 pistols are the new recoil springs (slightly less recoil), the interchangeable backstraps, and the larger magazine release. I did hear, however, that the gen 4 triggers aren't as nice as the gen 3 triggers, but that is all internet hearsay. The gen 3 G17 I shot was a new gun so the trigger was going to be a little gritty regardless.