Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Looks Like Facebook Caved

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalReaper View Post
    Do a search for the string: "handgun + transfer + 'no FFL'"? Rifles are used in an insignificant number of crimes, comparatively, so logistically it makes most sense to go after handgun sales which, as far as I know, have to go through an FFL in EVERY state.

It clearly differs to your opinion, but I think it helps our cause to say we are completely open to ideas on how to cut down on sales of ILLEGAL guns. Maybe one day we'll get the Anti's to open their eyes and realise that WE are not the problem, and punishing us for the actions of criminals is detrimental to all.
    The number of states that require any background check for any gun at all is less than 10. Most states do not require background checks for handguns or anything at all.

If I am buying a gun from a private individual I would prefer not to use an FFL whenever legal. Most people would. If it mentioned that in the ad it would get a few extra points from me. But ultimately it's price out the door.

Regulating firearms adds on facebook is not going to cut down on sales of illegal guns. There are no illegal guns. It's also not going to cut down on illegal sales of guns. Or, if it does, perhaps it prevents 1 illegal sale of a firearm for every 10,000 legal sales of firearms it prevents.

Because they have no interest in preventing illegal sales of firearms. Their only goal is to make firearm ownership as difficult as possible at every turn to dissuade people from owning firearms and reduce firearm ownership.

You want to show them "we" are not the problem. You want to feed us to the alligator hoping it will eat you last.

Well, as far as they are concerned, we are the problem. They are not after criminals, they are after us. And once there aren't enough of us left, you will be fed to the alligator last. Congratulations. That is their plan. Simply get rid of gun ownership over time.

It worked in Jersey.

(Montgomery County)

Well said, ungawa.

(York County)

i deleted my fakebook 999 days ago. I wanted to leave once i saw a 420 character limit (what the serious fuck?), and I finally left after I took a good look at how pathetic everyone is there including myself. I am often a topic of other peoples' personal interest, and I'm not providing anyone who wants a profile on myself for nothing at all, because I'm not a God damned moron any longer than I can help it. Plus everyone where I work, including HR watches facebook like a hawk, and when I used it couldn't help myself but to troll the fucks.

Bottom-line - Fakebook is for shallow minded people who get off on superficial social false rewards.

(Philadelphia County)

Who cares about Facebook? The company is going the way of Myspace and in a fast way. No offense to those that use it- it is just that less people are actually using Facebook. I guess Twitter and Instagram will be the next matchups.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234