Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default SAR Arms B6P Compact, B6PL, B6PL9, B6C 9mm Pistol

I recently purchased a SAR B6P Compact and I love the pistol and it's price ($269 + tax/PICs). The names in the title are as they are because I've seen them called multiple names depending on whose website you look at. Regardless, I'm trying to get a DEFINITIVE answer to some questions I have. I've read every blog, review, forum, opinion and conjecture that I can find and it's becoming really convoluted so I'm trying to narrow down my target selection to simplify as much as I can.

SAR B6P Compact.jpg

My questions are these:

1. Other than Sarsilmaz stock magazines, what 13 round magazines are compatible and will work (without mods) in the B6P Compact? For instance, CZ-75 P01, Witness Pavona, Baby Eagle, or any others.

2. Where are the best places to find/get either the SAR or above said magazines?

3. Of the "secure locking" holsters, i.e., Serpa, IMI Defense (RSR Defense), Cytac, Cheap Chinese Clone (no seriously...), SigTac, Viridian Auto-lock, or others with paddle, belt loop, or both, work well with the B6P Compact?

4. As before, where are the best/least expensive places to get the holsters?

I don't mean to sound like a jerk or impatient, I would just like to narrow down choices and kind of eliminate conjecture as to what "may" work, or things such as "I heard from somebody" opinions. It gets frustrating blasting through every website that even slightly makes a reference to a search information that is typed in. You get overload of information that may not even be related. It's a pain in the butt really.

Thank you in advance for any help answering the questions above. I appreciate your input.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: SAR Arms B6P Compact, B6PL, B6PL9, B6C 9mm Pistol

Go to the CZ forum original one -then go to the clone section where you will get your answers. The best place to get more mags is online form Tombstone Tactical. I carry my B6P compact every day in a well worn Cz 75 compact holster made by Don Hume.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Berks County)

Where did you score it for that price?
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Uh yeah..... I want to know where you bought it for $269 also.

(Northampton County)

1. No other 13 round will fit right due to the unique baseplate on the SAR mag. Although any full size mag 16+ will lock in and function but there will be a gap.

2. Tombstone Tactical seems to be the cheapest

3. As far as I or to the best of my knowledge of others there is none. Some may work with trimming or fitting. Looks like you'll be the beta tester if you go this route.

May I ask are you planning on OC? Thus the need for active retention. If so a custom leather thumb break rig is your best shot.

4. If concealing is your game I would suggest Vigilance Tactical. He makes great quality kydex owb and again to the best of my knowledge is the only maker that lists the B6P as an option.

The gun will "lock" in the holster but will not have any other retention besides the hard molding. It will stay secure under EDC abuse.

Good luck to you

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    I got it at a LGS near Honesdale. Apparently the distributor he deals with had a sale on B6P Compacts as well as B6P full sized. I honestly don't know the distributor he used, or if the sale is still going on but you can call or write and ask Rod at: http://www.bryantfirearmsrepair.com/
    I'm very happy with the performance of this pistol.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Armor Snail View Post
    1. No other 13 round will fit right due to the unique baseplate on the SAR mag. Although any full size mag 16+ will lock in and function but there will be a gap.

2. Tombstone Tactical seems to be the cheapest

3. As far as I or to the best of my knowledge of others there is none. Some may work with trimming or fitting. Looks like you'll be the beta tester if you go this route.

May I ask are you planning on OC? Thus the need for active retention. If so a custom leather thumb break rig is your best shot.

4. If concealing is your game I would suggest Vigilance Tactical. He makes great quality kydex owb and again to the best of my knowledge is the only maker that lists the B6P as an option.

The gun will "lock" in the holster but will not have any other retention besides the hard molding. It will stay secure under EDC abuse.

Good luck to you
    I got your post on the CZ site already as well. Thanks for the reply. As far as the mags go, I got a reply from CDNN Sports today for a question I emailed them. The info from their email said:

Item number EAA913C is the mag that will fit. Sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks CDNN

On Mar 4, 2014, at 8:40 PM, Nick Carroll wrote:

Will this magazine also fit an EAA SAR B6P Compact? Please let me know.

EAA Witness Compact 9mm 13rd Steel Frame Mag w/Fingerest New Factory
    <image001.gif>
    Item# EAA913C
    $19.99

This was based on some searches I did related to magazine compatibility. I hope they're right. They have a flat rate of $9.99 shipping which isn't too bad compared to some of the other sellers of B6PC mags.
    I do open carry most of the time, although somewhat discreetly under coats, etc. I do like the secure lock holsters a little more than most simply because I'm sure it won't go anywhere if I take a spill or jam it against another surface. Probably due to my OCD habits of securing everything resulting from many years in the service. "You're signed for that soldier! You lose it you bought it,... plus some more!" I suppose once summer gets here I'll look into a conceal holster and I may take your advice. The VT holster looks promising as well as the Don Hume CZ 75 compact holster mentioned earlier in this thread. We'll see.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by nrsnick09; March 6th, 2014 at 01:12 AM. Reason: rewording

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Check this out on CDNN's email special. Look on page 16 or on the back cover.

http://www.cdnnsports.com/media/wysi...log/index.html

$249.00 for B6P or B6P Compact.

Happy Shooting!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by m&pfan1911 View Post
    Uh yeah..... I want to know where you bought it for $269 also.
    Check this out on CDNN's email special. Look on page 16 or on the back cover.

http://www.cdnnsports.com/media/wysi...log/index.html

$249.00 for B6P or B6P Compact.

Happy Shooting!

(Berks County)

^one day too late lol. I wanted a b6p but was tipped off on a deal for a beretta 96 for the same price. Couldn't resist.

Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast