Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Where to buy Colts in PA?

if you don't mind a 3.5-4 hour drive then head to surplus city, classic pistol or tanners sports center. all three shops are just outside of NE Philadelphia and within a 15 minute drive of each other. classic pistol and tanners will ship to your FFL but add about 50 bucks for shipping plus transfer fee at the receiving FFL. there are plenty of on-line gun shops like Buds that should have Colt's in stock. you can also checkout gunsamerica or gunbroker. do you have to have a Colt? if not there are plenty of 1911's on the market that are every bit as good as any Colt and in many instances better. Springfield Armory, S&W, Ruger, Kimber, SIG all make great 1911's.

(Montgomery County)

There is a 1911 Commander for sale in the Classified section. A little overpriced I think but a lot less than $1200.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    do you have to have a Colt? if not there are plenty of 1911's on the market that are every bit as good as any Colt and in many instances better. Springfield Armory, S&W, Ruger, Kimber, SIG all make great 1911's.
    Sometimes you just have to have a Colt. The two I have made in the last few years are excellent, and I like them more than my Springfield. Nothing wrong with Springfield though.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes_Paulsen View Post
    In my opinion, the gun in the hand is worth two "on order". Especially when it's coming from your favorite LGS at which you're a 'regular' and the difference is only $55. (Did you ask if they could come down off of the price?)

If this is your first 1911, you might find this article to be interesting:

http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gears...ur-first-1911/
    My favorite gun shop doesn't always have the best deals, unfortunately. The my absolute maximum budget is $1,200, so saving even $55 is worth it to me if I can get a better deal elsewhere (I'll at least have some money left for ammunition!). I did ask if he would go $1,125 on it and he said that because Colt's are so hard to get in, he doesn't discount them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Might I ask which shops that you looked at? I'm local to you and regularly get around to Troxells, Saurs, and National. I know National usually has a couple colts in stock. Last I was in was @ a week ago and they had to full sizes (not sure if they were series 70 or 80) and a defender. Troxells carries colts sometimes but I have not seen any in stock of late. Saurs would only be able to order a new one but, I don't belive he stocks colts regularly.

I ask becase that price seems a little high to me for a plain jane series 70. I was thinking and I belive I have seen them locally before for sub $1100. If you're not in a hurrry I will probably make it to National and maybe Saurs on either Thursday or Friday. I'd be happy to take a look and see what they in stock.

If you have not called Troxells yet try and see what he can get one for. He is usually about the cheapest around for new handguns.
    I'm in Altoona at college, actually. I'm coming home for spring break on Friday. If you were already planning on making a trip to the local shops, I sure would appreciate an inventory check! Thanks for the offer. Don't make a special trip though, I'll be running around to them while I'm home next week.

Quote Originally Posted by bdriller View Post
    Surplus City in Bucks co. Always has a slew of Colts, last time I was in there the showcase was over flowing with them. A bit far but you asked.
    You have a Surplus City that sells guns? Never heard of that... do you have a number for them that I could call?

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    if you don't mind a 3.5-4 hour drive then head to surplus city, classic pistol or tanners sports center. all three shops are just outside of NE Philadelphia and within a 15 minute drive of each other. classic pistol and tanners will ship to your FFL but add about 50 bucks for shipping plus transfer fee at the receiving FFL. there are plenty of on-line gun shops like Buds that should have Colt's in stock. you can also checkout gunsamerica or gunbroker. do you have to have a Colt? if not there are plenty of 1911's on the market that are every bit as good as any Colt and in many instances better. Springfield Armory, S&W, Ruger, Kimber, SIG all make great 1911's.
    Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I have to have a Colt. There's just something about a Colt that really piques my interest unlike any other 1911 brand. Something about a plain-jane Colt Government model.. I've done a lot of research for months, and this is the brand I have settled on. I don't think bad of any other 1911s available... I just want a Colt

(Westmoreland County)

Johnson's Gun Depot Norvelt PA. They have about 6 new colts every time I stop in there to look around.

You can also check out
    ozarkguns.com

This is the place I orderd my colt from

(York County)

Default Where to buy Colts in PA?

I know I had a bad case for a Gold Cup! Try this place and have the gun shipped to a local FFL of your choice.

www.centralfloridapawn.com

They have a nice selection of new Colt 1911's

(Luzerne County)

Give Piestraks gun shop a call, I bought over 20 guns from them and they are the best priced gun shop I have been in.

http://www.piestraksgunshop.com/

(Bucks County)

Surplus City # (215)364-7130 I think they are open 11am till 8pm Tuesday-Friday,I dont know there Saturday hours, good luck

(Lycoming County)

I was already planning on going to hunt down reloading supplies. I stop in to National almost weekly just to see what's new as they are close.

(Allegheny County)

Dan Pierce Outdoor Shop in Lewistown has two brand new Gold Cups in the case, one blued and one stainless. I think the stainless is $1200 and the blued is $1150.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast